Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Unreal always end up looking like **** for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does Unreal always end up looking like **** for me?

Haha title says it all. I have built a few maps, set up my materials, lights and decals. And it looks great, once I "build all" it it looks terrible, the lighting is completely off and my decals now tile across the surfaces even though they are set to only draw one. I have adjusted lightmap resolution and it doesn't seem to change much. Anyone have some suggestions?

it would help if you post some screenshots

Comment

The second is after build. I should add because I figured this may affect the lighting, it's extremely low poly ground. I don't understand the decal though because it looks fine before build and it's pretty new to me.

Also I have a question about triangle count in the stat engine, I brought in a little over 4000 triangles in the model yet the stat engine tells me there are 8000+, why is that?

Comment

That actually looks pretty good, its most likely the decals that look bad, you don't want it to be too dark, try adjusting the brightness and the radius of the light and maybe make it so some static meshes don't cast shadows.

Comment

Any idea about why the decals are tiling like that? I looked at a tut to set them up based off that but once they are built it no longer works.

Comment

This should really have been posted in the Level Editing forum.
            That said, adjusting the decals size & other properties should help but remember that the properties of the material itself will affect your decal as well. So if your using one of Epics materials you may need to duplicate the material into your package so you can tweak it safely to your liking.

Comment

Working...
            X