Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game issues

Hello

I have been having nothing but problems since I installed through Steam and since the UT3 Black update. I am currently at version 2.1 and my graphic card drivers are the latest. I just fixed a problem with not being able to get by the main menu due to a crash because I have an AMD Dual Core that needed a special driver installed. I had thought it was, but I went and downloaded it and installed and fixed the one problem.

Just now I was in the middle of an online match. Everything seemed to be fine, I pressed O to change into a Juggernaught and ran around shooting people for a bit, then BAM. crash to desktop and error message wanting to tell Microsoft about it.

It seems that a lot of people are having a wide range of problems. I thought the latest patch was supposed to fix things? Will there be another patch? Or has Epic moved on? If I had the time I would uninstall from steam, and reinstall to a separate folder. But I don't. I have a family and this game is a once in a while diversion. I don't have time to sit and monkey with things to get it to work flawlessly. I want a fun game that installs and plays with out requiring hours of my personal time chewed up doing "IT". Just doesn't make sense.

Please some one at Epic let the community know what is going on, that last update was back in June, sure would like to see the game fixed before the holidays.

Patch 2.1 is old as the queen, I've never experienced problems or crashes of any kind with it. Going to need complete list of system specs.

Comment

I'm yet to experience problems with UT3. Certainly haven't had any CTD's. It's the last thing you want to hear from somebody when you are having problems, I know, but the problem is more than likely your end dude, it's not the game or for Epix to fix.

I purchased Fallout 3 and Empire: Total War and both CTD more often than I could fathom. The Empire CTD's were CA's fault, a conflict with my card and a graphical error ingame, a bug report revealed, and the last patch fixed. Fallout 3 CTD's were due to codec conflicts, and I had to remove the codec packs I had installed. Of course I didn't figure that one out until I'd completely cleaned up my system.

It's a pain... but the best thing you could do is download all the latest drivers for all of your hardware, whack 'em on a disc, and then clean up your entire system with a fresh install of your OS. Update Windows, install all of the drivers for your rig, and then install and run UT3. It's the best thing to do because if you're working on a clean system with all of the latest for all your gear - that I hope meet the recommended specs - then you can blame and point fingers at Epic and say it's the game.

Comment

I was getting a lot of crashes, fixed it by setting bInitializeShadersOnDemand to True in the UTengine.ini
        Apart from that I don't know what to suggest.

(DisableATITextureFilterOptimizationChecks if it's an ati card btw)

Comment

Originally posted by DawnTreader View Post
          Hello

I have been having nothing but problems.
          Well, if you want help, first things first. This post belongs in the troubleshooting section, not general chat. You also need to post your system, hardware, driver, and OS specs.

The game itself is very stable for most, but there are driver issues for some and hardware problems for others.

This game runs your cpu, memory, and video card pretty much maxed out, so any temperature or stability issues with them will show up one way or another.

Comment

If you don't have much custom content or customized settings, try this:
            Load the game
            Create a new profile
            Exit now, don't log in

go go c:\users\<user>\documents\my games\
            rename "Unreal Tournament". Just let the game recreate from scratch

Now, load the game and login with the new profile you created

Comment

Why shall he create a new profile?
              Renaming the UT3 folder (as you have already described) would be enough.
              The game creates new files and folders.
              His profile is server-sided, that means his pc does not have influence on his profile.
              All your profile changes you make in UT3 will be sent to the "master server".
              Sounds strange, but it's true.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
                Why shall he create a new profile?
                Renaming the UT3 folder (as you have already described) would be enough.
                The game creates new files and folders.
                His profile is server-sided, that means his pc does not have influence on his profile.
                All your profile changes you make in UT3 will be sent to the "master server".
                Sounds strange, but it's true.

Cheers!
                Then my "Benfica" profile is broken server-side. I insist, renaming the folder was not enough for me

Comment

Titan sucks.. even the game knows it,hence why it crashed and burned while you were trying to push your no skill panic button.

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                    Then my "Benfica" profile is broken server-side. I insist, renaming the folder was not enough for me
                    And you definitely were not using the -nohomedir?
                    Did you try to reinstall the game after you deleted all the files?
                    If yes, then I guess you had bad luck!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                    X