UT3 Launch Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Launch Issue

I'm having a weird issue when I try to launch UT3. When double click UT3.exe, the mouse displays loading, and then nothing happens. When I check the Task Manager I see UT3.exe running and taking up significant resources. I have reinstalled UT3 and installed/reinstalled various patches to no avail. What do you guys think?

I've got a Q6600 (down to stock clock), an 8800GT, and 5 gigs of ram on Vista 64 bit. I also have tons of mods installed in UT3, but that shouldn't be an issue.

Any ideas?!

Comment

It might be a bad configuration, delete \My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\ directoy and try again (backup if you want to keep your mods).

What reinstalling or even uninstalling does not do is delete anything in this directory, and this typically cause problems to transfer over to your "new" install.

Comment

I had a problem like that today with over 8GB custom content in the UT3 folder I tryed a few times.

I removed the folder start the game it worked put the folder back crashes at startup. In the end I just deleted the stuff and put it all back in again fresh from ym backup UT3 download folder.

The only thing I touched was Sinx mapmixer last so who knows........

Comment

Awesome, it worked! Thanks guys =D.

Comment

Working...
          X