CD Key when upgrading Vista > Win 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD Key when upgrading Vista > Win 7

Even on my gaming machine Vista is the worst thing ive ever used in my life, thankfully i have a free Win7 upgrade voucher. My question is, while updating i may be required to do a fresh install of 7 since i live in the UK and in the EU Win 7 was modified to not include the MS bloatware. If this is the case what do i do about obtaining a new CD Key or keeping me old one?

I'm obviously not buying a new key, i paid for the license for the machine and myself and it is going on the same machine. to suggest i pay for the game all over again is nothing short of extortion.

Another theory i have is to partition the drive and multiboot with Vista and 7, in this scenario the UT install would be on the Vista partition, but i would boot into Win7 and simply run the UT exe from the Vista partition. if i were to do this would the CD key still be valid? I am unsure as to how the key is tied to the system, if it is based on the OS then booting and running from 7 would fail i assume?

can someone from tech support answer this ASAP. I have tried finding real contact info but it seems Epic Games doesnt want to supply phone numbers for tech support.

Cheers.
Working...
X