PS3 - Disable Widescreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 - Disable Widescreen

Hi all. I gave up trying to make UT3 work right on my PC and got a PS3. I picked up UT3 yesterday, and the game is running in wide-screen mode even though my TV is regular old 4:3 CRT. I've been into the PS3 options and turned off the widescreen stuff, but UT3 is still displaying everything in a squished 16:9 fashion. There is nothing in UT3 video options to turn it off. Hope someone can help. Thanks!

if you have a new tv it might have a option in the settings to change it i seen this on my cousins tv when we setup his ps3

Comment

I've had this TV for about 2 years. I did everything I could in the PS3 options. Seems like I'm never gonna have a properly working UT3.

Comment

... I did not even know UT3 would play in widescreen mode on... sorry I am no help here...

are your ps3's dispaly settings on 4:3?

if all else fails use reset to factory defaults tool.

Comment

Yep, everything is set to 4:3. Other games work properly in 4:3 mode. Man, this is frustrating. I like what I see in UT3, but so far I have no luck with making it run right. I gave up on the PC version because my controls were skipping around and making it impossible to aim... blah.

Comment

Anyone? Can someone from Epic respond? I'm getting frustrated. I had problems with UT2004, but I kept the faith and picked up UT3 for PC, 360, AND PS3! PLEASE HELP!

Comment

Originally posted by node357 View Post
              I gave up on the PC version because my controls were skipping around and making it impossible to aim... blah.
              I wonder if it's related with this: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=702851

Comment

Thank you for the link. I do have a gamepad, so I unplugged it, rebooted and tried UT3. Still having same trouble.

Comment

But what happens in detail? Does the image rotate very quicky without stopping, skips to one side, the crosshair moves too fast even if you drag the mouse just a bit... ?

You may have the mouse sensivity too high, or some conflict with the mouse drivers. Just for testing go to settings -> input -> keys, assign "turn left" and "turn right" to keys. Then just play a map and use those keys

Comment

Same problem with using keys to turn. It's not smooth and it kind of skips along.

I've found another problem with UT3 on PS3. Aiming movment is kind of irregular, but I understand why. What really sucks is when you're actually pointed toward an opponent, the aiming speed decreases dramatically. Did Epic intentionally mess up the PS3 version?

I still haven't found a fix for the forced wide-screen, and ut3support@epicgames.com still doesn't answer. Guess Epic is too big for someone small like me.

Comment

Originally posted by node357
                      Same problem with using keys to turn. It's not smooth and it kind of skips along.

I've found another problem with UT3 on PS3. Aiming movment is kind of irregular, but I understand why. What really sucks is when you're actually pointed toward an opponent, the aiming speed decreases dramatically. Did Epic intentionally mess up the PS3 version?

I still haven't found a fix for the forced wide-screen, and ut3support@epicgames.com still doesn't answer. Guess Epic is too big for someone small like me.
                      I'm not sure you are entitled to get anything that is not mentioned on the EULA. However laws tend to override such agreements and force very strict rules regarding warranty. I'd say you have the right to go to where you bought it, i.e. the last one of the distribution chain to which you gave your money to, and ask for a refund. Contact your consumer rights association, they tend to be very helpful

Comment

Alright. Thanks, Benfica.

Comment

Working...
                        X