routers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

routers

So, as much as I'm an expert in 90% of other IT related ****, I'm not at all familiar with how routers work. Recently I moved to a new place and I connect to the internet by plugging an ethernet cable into my computer at one end, and into the box at the other, and everything seems to work automatically. However when I try to host a match I get this:

So, how easy is it to sort this out if you have no idea what the model/brand of your router is and no software on your computer to configure it?

If you've physically checked the router and there is no brand and model label. Copy 192.168.1.1 into your address bar and you should be able to enter your router's menu and settings.

Default passwords are usually 1234 if it's never been set. Usually there is an, update Firmware option within the router's own software or you made need to download the latest .bin file and locate it.

At the very least you should be able to get information on model , with this info, there are websites that have guides for most models for what you want to do.

Comment

Hmm, turns out it's a motorola sbg900 and opening ports or this 'dmz server' option really don't sound safe at all

Comment

Originally posted by Ravemind View Post
        Hmm, turns out it's a motorola sbg900 and opening ports or this 'dmz server' option really don't sound safe at all
        Don't run a server then.
        How do you expect to get the server roling with the needed ports closed?
        Either open the needed ports manually or DMZ the router.

ports:

UDP:

* 6500 (Query)
        * 6515 (Dplay UDP)
        * 7777 (Port for UT3 – default is 7777, you can change in server setup)
        * 13000 (Port for UT3)
        * 13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
        * 27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)

TCP:

* 3783 (Voice)
        * 6667 (IRC)
        * 28900 (Master Server List Request)
        * 29900 (GP Connection Manager)
        * 29901 (GP Search Manager)

Comment

Working...
        X