Dedicated server using Steam accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated server using Steam accounts

Hello, I am currently trying to set up a dedicated server for UT3 on a LAN. The problem is that all players, including me, are using Steam.

As far as I know, you have to run the game to set up a dedicated server. However, to be able to run the game, I have to login to Steam first. If that is the case, I wouldn't be able to play the game on my PC because my Steam account would be already in use to run the server.

Is it possible for me to set up and/or configure a dedicated server while not logged in to Steam?

Um, I'm not sure, but if you run the game, go into multiplayer, hit 'host game' and check 'dedicated server' then once you've finished adjusting setting and hit 'start game' ut3 will close and the server will open on a DOS-like window. From there you can launch UT3 again and log in to your server.

Comment

Supposing this works (can somebody confirm it?), I would still need to log out of UT3 and Steam every time I have to change the configuration of my server. Not very practical.

Anything else?

Comment

No, you would just need to close the server window, open UT3 again and launch another one with new settings

Comment

Never mind, I just discovered that you can download and install a dedicated server separately.

Comment

Be sure to visit the Server Administration forum and read the threads regarding opening/forwarding ports and such.

Comment

Working...
            X