Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

lighting build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lighting build

im currently studying for FDA in Game Design, and recently bought Unreal 3, the game works a charm but the editor is a different story, evrytime i put a light into any room the editor just freezes when i rebuild please anybody can you help me, ive updated all drivers and updated direct x

this is my system

i7 cpu
    3gig Ram
    nvidia geforce gtx 9800 card
    and im running using xp sp3

any help wud really be appreciated ppl

How did you figure out it actually froze? Building lighting really is that complex and can freeze the editor for up to a few minutes per internal build step.

Comment

building lights

thanks for the quick reply, i basically built one box put the light in and the editor froze , i even left it for at least an hour and thats all i did so surley one light wudnt take that long to build, also had a look at the maps that came with unreal see if i cud hav a look around them and this caused my comp to shut down
      do u reckon i might need a fresh setup see if that helps ?

Comment

Two ideas:

1) Try to clear the UT3 Editor cache (Documents/MyGames/Unreal Tournament/UTGame/Unpublished/CookedPC/) and restart the editor.
        Try to clear the autosaves too (Documents/MyGames/Unreal Tournament/UTGame/Autosaves)

2) How many virtual memory do you have? I had a similar problem with that. Try to set the recommended virtual memory at least, even you should set more.

Hope you solve the problem

Comment

Working...
        X