Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Log In

Hi guys.

I can't get logged in inside UT3 - and before you ask, I looked at the common solutions page.

Here's what I know:
    I've had UT3 for a while. I've got an online profile. I uninstalled UT3 a while back and installed it through Steam, and it worked fine for a while. Recently, it stopped logging in. Also, when I try to create a new profile, it says it can't connect.

The Common Fixes page here says that ASUS motherboards (like mine) often need to upgrade their integrated network card drivers - I've upgraded to miniport driver 10.70.6.3, which is the most recent I can find, but no change in UT3.

My connection is good.
    I've made sure that windows firewall isn't blocking UT3.
    What's the next move?

Annnnnd now! *bump*

Comment

my exact problem, right here.

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of threads that have similar problems - my post on the Steam forum hasn't gotten any answers at all.

Comment

bump!

no one answered mine either.

Comment

Sorry, I have never had your problem and not sure how to deal with it.

I can suggest going to gamepsy website and seeing if you can access your game id from there. If you can then it is not a gamespy id problem, but then an internet / connection issue between your game and the gamespy network.

Did you do anything in between when it worked and did not? Steam update, a new program installed? anything that might be using a port that UT2 useses to communicate with gamespy?

Comment

It possible that there was a Steam update - I can't remember. I'll check around, but my computer's been largely unchanged for that period. I'm almost certain I haven't made any changes that would affect it, but I'll keep looking.

Are there any ways to get more feedback from UT3 on where it's having difficulty? If we knew for certain how far along in the connection attempt it got, we'd probably find our problem's source.

Also, is there a way to find out if my UT3 account is valid from outside UT3? I know my key is correct, but if there was a problem with the account on the remote end...?

Oh, and I'm seeing a lot more posts and threads about this problem in both this forum and at Steam.

I should also mention that I have no (uncommon) trouble with other games that use Gamespy, like NWN2.

Comment

I just realized that NWN2 is not a Gamespy game... I can't get Dungeon Siege to log in because it doesn't think I can have a period in my Gamespy ID... looking for another...

NWN1 logs in just fine with my Gamespy credentials... Also, I log into Gamespy.com without a problem.
                My Gamespy ID/password and UT3 ID/password are identical.

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a problem on my end or on the server's - after several different installations, wiping the computer as clean as possible of any files, I'm still having the same issue whether or not UT3 is running from Steam.

Who runs the servers that UT3 logs into? Is there a way I can have them check for anything odd about my 'account' or connection?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic_Cannon View Post
                    Sorry, I have never had your problem and not sure how to deal with it.

I can suggest going to gamepsy website and seeing if you can access your game id from there. If you can then it is not a gamespy id problem, but then an internet / connection issue between your game and the gamespy network.

Did you do anything in between when it worked and did not? Steam update, a new program installed? anything that might be using a port that UT2 useses to communicate with gamespy?
                    I can log into gamespy via theyre webpage. but not ut3........

Comment

Working...
                    X