Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Would this be good......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this be good......

This gfx card i found for 65 dollars. it says 500 watts minimum for a 65 dollar graphics card, yeah really???? i wonder how much wattage this takes, and is there a program to show how much wattage your psu has left when full load or something??? i dont wanna go any price heigher, if there is a better deal, tell me or ill just buy this one, and i heard this runs 100degrees F when full load, is this true???

XFX GeForce 9600 GSO Fatality Edition Video Card - 768MB DDR2

Try this one: http://web.aanet.com.au/~SnooP/psucalc.php

Graphics card manufacturers go way over the top with their PSU recommendations. A 9600 GSO doesn't take a huge amount of power - I would guess that a normal system with one of those would consume about 200W under load. Therefore a 400W PSU would be fine (the smallest that is easily available), but it must be of good quality, not an ultra-cheap one.

Comment

lol i see why it needed a minimum 500 watt on the xfx specs, they were basing it on an extreme core 2 quad gaming computer. im only currently using up to 120 watts of power. so what ur saying is the card will actually AT load TAKE UP 200 watts????? holy ****! a 9500gt takes only 50 watts. well im on a budget for an old computer, these are other choices
      MSI GeForce 9500 GT OC Video Card - 1GB DDR2
      Zotac 9500gt 1GB (either the 100mhz memory one or 1600 mhz memery one)
      Gigabyte 9500 GT 1GB
      EVGA 9500 gt 1GB
      ASUS EN9600GSO/DI/512MD3/V2 GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
      and the 9600 gso Fatal1ty, im on a low budget, just need to know if these will atleast run ut3 at 1024x768 on some good settings.
      and i was wondering, these ddr2, ddr3 and gddr3 stuff works on any motherboard with a pci expressx16/2.0 right even if its old motherobard wtih pci express x16 or 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by unreal_man View Post
        ...so what ur saying is the card will actually AT load TAKE UP 200 watts?????...
        I mean that the whole system will use about 200W. The calculator I linked to will give a better estimate, although it doesn't seem to have the graphics card you want listed, so you'll have to choose the closest one.

A 9600GSO should be able to run UT3 at high settings with no problem, as long as the rest of the system can keep up. And yes, any PCIe graphics card is compatible with any motherboard with a PCIe slot. If you plug it into an older motherboard it will just run a bit slower than its full potential.

Comment

thank cuz for some reason my friend says he doesnt know if a graphics card with ddr3 or higher like gddr3 will work on my computer...thanks.

Comment

darn, found out the card is to big in width, a capacitor is blocking, cant i just bend the capacitor down??? or will that destroy everything?

Comment

You can't bend components, it might break something.

Comment

hahaha...well i got it to fit, it turns out the fan has an opening with it to the card that allows the capacitor to be there. just close this topic.

Comment

Working...
                X