Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

anyone use or haved used a 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4650 for UT3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone use or haved used a 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4650 for UT3?

Ordering a laptop cuz my dell is un-upgradeable due to the video card actually being a chipset on the the motherboard....looking at HP's and they offer this with the dv7t laptop and I wonder if anyone here uses one, have used one or knows anyone that uses it to play UT3. If so, how good is it? I'm getting a 2.66GHZ dual core cpu and 3 GB ram so will this be plenty? Basically my question is has anyone seen it in action and can i be comfortable knowing my laptop that i ordered WILL play this game without too much of a sweat (1500$ aint exactly a cheap, quick decision)?

the card a again is the 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4650

thanks very much for the help

for $1500 i would get something else.. 4650 isn't really top of the line.. every
    x600 serie cards are pretty crappy as far as I'm concerned.. wether it's the 9600 pro or the 1600 or the 4650 there all aimed at mediocre performance in real life..

get a notebook with a 9800mobile chip on it instead or 8800 mobile or something along the line with an hd 48xx chip on it if you wanna be more
    futureproof...

for $1500 i would expect to be on the front row of things.. i mean hell its a lot of money..

Comment

Originally posted by gwenthar View Post
      for $1500 i would get something else.. 4650 isn't really top of the line.. every
      x600 serie cards are pretty crappy as far as I'm concerned.. wether it's the 9600 pro or the 1600 or the 4650 there all aimed at mediocre performance in real life..

get a notebook with a 9800mobile chip on it instead or 8800 mobile or something along the line with an hd 48xx chip on it if you wanna be more
      futureproof...

for $1500 i would expect to be on the front row of things.. i mean hell its a lot of money..
      What he said. lol I would expect a way better gpu for sure. Keep researching. If that's your only option then yes it will run UT3, but it may need some lowered details most likely.

Comment

Working...
      X