Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

NVIDIA 3D Vision Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NVIDIA 3D Vision Issues

Hi Epic/All

I've been trying to play UT3 with NVIDIA 3D Vision glasses - looks great (considering it wasn't designed for stereoscopic 3D) except for the following issue which absolutely wrecks the experience:

* Name tags are rendered at viewer depth (very distracting) - need to be disabled or rendered at target depth

Any config tricks that would help address this? Or is there a chance of Epic kindly releasing a small 3D Vision patch?

Thanks in advance

yea right stand in line you .. there's still 10000 bugs to be fixed that
    are actually considered gamebreaking !

Comment

I bet these 2 are actually way more gamebreaking in 3D Vision mode than any of your "10000 bugs" are otherwise

Also asked about config workarounds btw (anyone?)

Comment

hehe you know i was just joking free bump for a solution for your problem .

Comment

thx

Anyway, looks like part one of my request is no longer valid - I think they changed crosshair rendering in 2.1. Much better! the only thing left now are the **** nametags -aiming is next to impossible with these on :/

Comment

Hi, I am also a 3D user, although i don't use the nvidia geforce 3D vision solution : instead i use the Zalman monitor with iz3d driver on ATI hardware.

I've got the same issue with player tags, the game is pretty much unplayable since it's so "in your face", i can't enjoy the game any more.
            I could enjoy the game before version 2.0 but since i've got the steam game, i can't revert to previous versions.

If you find the way to turn the player tags, i'd be very interested too.

Comment

maybe this is helpfull... http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=666680 ?

i agree tho it doesnt fix it online.. but still

Comment

Originally posted by gwenthar View Post
                maybe this is helpfull... http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=666680 ?

i agree tho it doesnt fix it online.. but still
                That will still help significantly !
                I rarely play 3D online (FPS performance issue) but i probably will when i get myself a new PC.

Comment

I downloaded the crucible weapons pack mutator, and in the configuration settings you can turn off name tags. If you don't want the weapons you turn those off too, and just use regular weapons. The only thing is if you play greed, the tags stay off so you can't see how many skulls the other players have, you would have to re-enable the tags.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. Personally I'm looking for a solution for online gameplay. Incidentally one of the servers I played on recently had the entire hud disabled... including the crosshair

BTW - just a sanity check - perhaps there is a way to set the alpha for the nametags, or even the entire hud - that would also help I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X