Editor won't even get past the splash screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editor won't even get past the splash screen

I am in an intro to Game Level Design class at my community college and we are using the unreal engine for the class. The editor works fine in the classroom with their computers but I installed it on my laptop considering I am going to have work outside of class. I did the steps the book said to get to the editor and the splash screen will appear but after awhile windows will pop up saying it hasn't responded. Am I missing a patch (the copy I have is the regular version without the titan pack)? Or is it because of hardware? I tried it on another computer and it did the same thing. I even installed the one that came with the book where I had to go through steam to download it and it did the same thing (this one had the titan pack). I have 2g of ram, intel core 2 duo T5600, and plenty of hard drive space but my video card is a crappy Intel accelerated graphics card. It can't be because of the video card can it? I know it can't handle the game but I dont plan on playing the game, I just need the level editor to work.

Any help would be appreciated....I searched for it and there are similar problems where the crash happens during level editing but not right at the splash screen.

its ur video card. i have a nvidia 8400 gs and it can barely run it. u need alot of power for the editor to work and if u want to do anything fast in the editor u will need even more power. my editor takes about 2.5 mins to load(yes i have timed it because i was bored waiting for it to open) and some of the builds start to take over a minute on a small map. at least a semipowerful computer is required to run the editor smoothly. its not that expensive to get a graphics card that can run the editor now adays and the rest of ur computer should run it well.

Comment

Working...
    X