Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Trouble, missing crosshair, loading error

He all,

im having the following problem within UT3 (server independent)

lets say after 1 - 2 hours of playing on different maps,

my crosshair disappears, not just that, but my weapons dont load

and i cant see my shots anymore. Once i waited a full 3 minutes

ingame for my weapons to load or switching them , weird problem

Getting a similar problem with the hoverboard

once i press "Q" the game (camera view) shifts below the map

Does any1 else have the same problem or at least similar? or a solution

Here my system config in brief:
    Intel Quad8200 2,4 GHz
    2GB Ram 800 Mhz
    Ati Radeon 4830

thought it might be overheating problem but in that case the system would crash or freeze id assume

well anyway i hope you guys can help

I have the crosshair disappearing problem sometimes when maps change. To resolve it, I press 'Escape', go to my settings, then without changing anything, press 'Escape' again until I am back to the game. This seems to reapply your defaults and always brings my crosshair back.

The other problems sound bizzare though. The only similar issue for me is when I respawn and the view is slightly elevated than normal - thats when I can't choose any weapons. It happens for a split second then everything is normal, so I think its lag.

Comment

ah masaai warrior nice nice hi there

well anyway basically all the problems that i have seem to be related somehow
      first my crosshair doesnt load, than my weapons dont load at all and at the same time
      on hoverboard the game shifts below through the level

lagg hmmmm maybe but strongly doubt it that would mean my connection gets worse and worse as time progresses plus i checked it via "F6" when that happens and the connection seemed fine

Comment

I have the same thing massaai is right that's the way how i solve it also
        esc => settings => weapons set crosshair to normal or simple set it back
        and your crosshair should be back again.Most people wouldn't wait to long
        when they find out that there aiming blindly ^^

The hoverboard thingy sounds like lag.Warfare especially is prone to lag
        spikes and packet loss.Sometimes it gets so bad that for every 10 yards you go forward you are being pushed 5 back.Try to see or the same problem occurs in an offline match vs bots.Ping isn't only ms latency it's highly related to packet loss too.How are you connected through the net ? If it's wireless internet the problems could be there too cause wireless.. kinda sucks for fast action games online...

I got about the same setup as you do and i really doubt it's overheating that's causing this.4830 are good cards with stable temps unlike the 4850's/4870's.you even say so yourself you can play for hours,thus you can exclude overheating imo...

Comment

I have the same problem as gueselim. The crosshair sometimes disappears and switching to the overboard set the camera below the map.
          In Downtown : ScreenShot00006.JPG
          In Avalanche : ScreenShot00032.JPG

Furthermore, the orb carrier can disappear
          ScreenShot00034.JPG

My system config :
          Intel core 2 e8500 @ 3.16GHz
          4Go DDR3
          Radeon HD 4850
          Windows seven 64bits + steam

The Masaai_Warrior solution for crosshair works but the other problems occur in a middle of a round and stay until next map or a ut3 restart so I think it's not induced by lags.

Comment

ha why didnt i think of that SCREENSHOTS !!! yes thats my problem
            looks excatly my problem no clue what that is but maybe the lagg might explain it
            still observing that

Comment

Losing settings, invisible crosshair, loss of controls. Randomly.

HELP ME. IM DYING.

I'm Losing settings, invisible crosshair, loss of controls. Randomly. Sometimes it saves the settings for a game or 2. This just started happening recently.

Windows 7 64 bit, nvidia gtx295, core i7 920, 6g 1600mhz ram.

181.22 driver

Plays amazingly wonderful, causes me to wet my pants for more than a week. Always saves settings. One day I make a new profile. A little while later I change my drivers to 185.85. Then the **** starts to hit the fan.

Things I've tried: verifying integrity of game cache, changing files and documents into non read only, running with compatibility for vista, running with admin, changing back to my old user.

NOTHING WORKS, I HATE MY LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by devilfish_fr View Post
                I have the same problem as gueselim. The crosshair sometimes disappears and switching to the overboard set the camera below the map.
                In Downtown : ScreenShot00006.JPG
                In Avalanche : ScreenShot00032.JPG

Furthermore, the orb carrier can disappear
                ScreenShot00034.JPG

My system config :
                Intel core 2 e8500 @ 3.16GHz
                4Go DDR3
                Radeon HD 4850
                Windows seven 64bits + steam

The Masaai_Warrior solution for crosshair works but the other problems occur in a middle of a round and stay until next map or a ut3 restart so I think it's not induced by lags.
                Woah! Never seen that happen before (except at start of map for a split-second after it says "Precaching")....

Comment

nvm. Changed my user and restarted my comp. Fixed. I like my life again.

Comment

Since I installed the new catalyst drivers (9.9) the problem with the overboard has not reappear. The crosshair still disappears from time to time but it is not an annoying problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X