No fullscreen in Windows 7!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No fullscreen in Windows 7!!!

If this issue has already been posted somewhere I apologize... I couldn't find it.

System:
    ASUS M2N-MX SE PLUS motherboard
    2GB OCZ DDR2 RAM @800MHz
    Athlon 64 X2 5400+
    Gigabyte Radeon 3870 512MB GDDR3
    Windows 7 RC 64bit

I've been messing around with Windows 7 ever since the Beta. In the Beta version, UT3 ran great. BETTER than in XP, with the exception of some minor memory related performance issues. But now that I'm using the release candidate, I can only run in windowed mode.

On first boot the screen goes black until the login screen. I have to change it to windowed mode just to see the intro ****. If I go into options and try to change to fullscreen (I have tried 1024x768 thru 1600x1200) the screen goes black for an eternity and when it comes back it's still in windowed mode.

I'm using the 2.1 patch, Catalyst 9.6 video drivers, DirectX 11. Anyone else having this issue?

You may have to edit the utengine.ini. Near the bottom of the file(about 80% down) you will see res-x, and res-y. Insert your monitors native resolution, save and exit. You will find the proper file under, C:/users/your name/my documents/my games/ut3/utgame folder. Open/edit the file with notepad.

If this doesnt work, try deleting your ini files from the same directory. The game will remake new ones, and possibly fix your error. you will have to enter your cd-key, username, and password again though.

Comment

Very odd indeed, ive had no issues with windows7 both beta and release.

Comment

Originally posted by apophis3d View Post
        Very odd indeed, ive had no issues with windows7 both beta and release.
        Me neither its runing without any issues.

Comment

I have run Windows 7 x64 and x86 with no issues...

Comment

Hmmm... I've got the DVD version, not the Steam version if that makes a difference.

Guess I will try to reinstall my video drivers and take it from there.

Comment

No luck. I did a complete remove of ATI software & installed the newest Catalyst drivers, then reinstalled UT3. Still giving me the same problems.

Are any of you guys running UT3 in compatibility mode?

Comment

Originally posted by m3tal View Post
                No luck. I did a complete remove of ATI software & installed the newest Catalyst drivers, then reinstalled UT3. Still giving me the same problems.

Are any of you guys running UT3 in compatibility mode?
                Try doing the things I suggested first. Most likely it's an .ini issue. You dont need to reinstall the game, just delete the .ini files from where I mentioned before.(See my first post)

No we are not running in compatibility mode. UT3 works fine on 32/64 bit Win7. I've used both.

Comment

Working...
                X