Problems after problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems after problems

I installed the game, applied the correct 2.1 patch, I try to log on and it keeps saying "Username and password invalid', get this, I solve that problem, now I logged on, went to Multiplayer, found a server I wanted to join and it won't connect "'Unable To connect" error on screen! I check my firewall, internet connection, and nothing found wrong. Went back and logged on and the same things happened again!
    How can I solve this?

Try deleting your ini files located in the Config folder in "C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config"

It happened to me before i believe... First try just deleting the UTEngine.ini if it didn't help try deleting the others.

and run the game again.

Comment

Originally posted by aCRaSSiCauDa View Post
      Try deleting your ini files located in the Config folder in "C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config"

It happened to me before i believe... First try just deleting the UTEngine.ini if it didn't help try deleting the others.

and run the game again.
      I did exactly what you said still can't log in. I have a couple of questions, do I have to create a new account or can I use the same account from UT2004?

Comment

I believe you have to create a new account for UT3 just launch the game and then click "Create New Account"

Have you installed the Titan pack?

Comment

Yes. I've done created a account, it just don't want to connect to any server I chose.

Comment

Hmm that's weird... Make sure you have the Titan pack installed.

If you already have the Titan Pack installed and still can't connect to a server... then i would suggest re-installing the game then install the titan pack then the 5th patch (v2.1)

Comment

Hmm that's weird... Make sure you have the Titan pack installed.

If you already have the Titan Pack installed and still can't connect to a server... then i would suggest re-installing the game then install the titan pack then the 5th patch (v2.1)
              Maybe I did do something wrong. I installed the patch before the Titan Pack. I feel like jacka$$!

Comment

Originally posted by unrealgrrl2009 View Post
                Maybe I did do something wrong. I installed the patch before the Titan Pack. I feel like jacka$$!

It should work i used to install the patch before the titan pack... But i've been experiencing less problems when i installed the Titan pack then the patch... just try to re-install a fresh copy of the game then titan pack then patch.

Can you post your log file here?

Comment

Where is log files located?

Comment

C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs

The file is called "Launch.txt"

Comment

Here's my log;
                      Log: Browse: 99.28.248.171/UTFrontEnd?name=unrealgrrl2009?team=255?SpectatorO nly=1
                      Init: WinSock: Socket queue 32768 / 32768
                      NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection_1 99.28.248.171:7777 07/22/09 16:40:00
                      Log: -->"No connection" error [Connection failed]
                      ScriptLog: NOTIFYCONNECTIONERROR UTEntryPlayerController_1::NotifyConnectionError Message:'Connection failed' Title:'Connection failed'
                      ScriptLog: UTEntryPlayerController::QuitToMainMenu() - Quitting to main menu.
                      ScriptLog: UTEntryPlayerController::QuitToMainMenu() - Destroying Online Game, ControllerId: 0

Comment

I think i'm going to pull over here lol.

You have your Firewall running fine as you said... Deleted the ini files and all still the same... One unwanted option seems to be the only one for me... I'm NOT an expert but if i was you i would try re-installing the game.

Just before re-installing... Try to delete the entire "Unreal Tournament 3" folder located in "C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\My Documents\My Games"

Comment

I think i'm going to pull over here lol.

You have your Firewall running fine as you said... Deleted the ini files and all still the same... One unwanted option seems to be the only one for me... I'm NOT an expert but if i was you i would try re-installing the game.

Just before re-installing... Try to delete the entire "Unreal Tournament 3" folder located in "C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\My Documents\My Games"
                          Alright, I sure will. Thanks aCRaSSiCauDa.

Comment

Bad news is; it still does the same thing and I can sign in w/ username & password this time around, browse servers and all other stuff the only things I can't do is connect w/ someone's server or setting up a server my own. I also sent a few friend requests too.

Comment

Do you have any anti-virus program running?

Comment

Working...
                              X