X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Gamepad Problem

hi i have a gamepad like that:

but i cant play ut3 with that..

im going in UT3, pass throug to input setting and keys.. clicking on a button like up donw fire.. and tapping on my gamepad but nothing happens...

what do i have to do??... pls help me??

i tried to, xbox 360 emu doesnt work, joy2key doesnt either, just buy a 360 controller i guess, but i still wanna use the dual shock!

Comment

Try using Xpadder;
      http://xpadder.com/

Comment

xpadder solved nothing, it just messes up the controls on the analog

Comment

namely.. there is no solve for that, right?..

Comment

i tried xpadder.. its work for unsupperted games.. but still cant play like that-->

http://pcsplitscreen.freehostia.com/Unreal.htm

Comment

are you sure xbox 360 gamepad emulator doesn't work? i have a controller than has buttons same position as ps 1/2/3 version and can be switched from a pc gamepad to a playstation one. pc mode is buggy but ps version is perfect and i have tested it with ut3. it even has force feedback!!! did you use the test exe to make sure it worked, then put all the files in ut3 directory including the file which needs to be renamed to several names?

Comment

Originally posted by daaceking View Post
                are you sure xbox 360 gamepad emulator doesn't work? i have a controller than has buttons same position as ps 1/2/3 version and can be switched from a pc gamepad to a playstation one. pc mode is buggy but ps version is perfect and i have tested it with ut3. it even has force feedback!!! did you use the test exe to make sure it worked, then put all the files in ut3 directory including the file which needs to be renamed to several names?
                what did u just say???? xpadder doesn't work for me, even the test.exe works but then ut3 inverts all the controls. **** utinput.ini changing it doesnt work. i just wanna do splitscreen with kb/m and then player 2 is joypad that works. if i buy an xbox 360 controller, it would work right?

Comment

ut3 has full compatibility with xbox 360 controller, so you just go ahead and play.

the solution thing was for the playstation type controller

there is a program called "xbox 360 controller emulator"
                  this is a great piece of software. ut3 fully supports xbox 360 controller so tricking the game into thinking you have an xbox 360 controller is a great idea. that is what the software does. i have tested it. it WORKS

Comment

ut3 has full compatibility with xbox 360 controller, so you just go ahead and play.

the solution thing was for the playstation type controller

there is a program called "xbox 360 controller emulator"
                    this is a great piece of software. ut3 fully supports xbox 360 controller so tricking the game into thinking you have an xbox 360 controller is a great idea. that is what the software does. i have tested it. it WORKS
                    give me your configuration file for xpadder using the ps2 dualshock. for some reason, i got mine off a site and its way messed up in ut3. it wroks 100 percent in the test but in ut3 the controls are all messed up!

Comment

xbox 360 emulator can help for appearing joypad in game.. but it doesnt help us to play splitscreen..

Comment

the app works for splitscreen i have tried it. i have done a successful 2 player split screen. i haven't tried 4 player but it should be possible.

the default config won't work. you have to customize it to your unique gamepad. my gamepad config isn't for dualshock, it's just a similar gamepad.

this is what you must do. firstly, in the readme it says there is a file that can have several names (different for each game) so copy and paste the file and give it the filenames mentioned in the readme.

you have to edit the config file and test if the gamepad works to your liking using the test utility. make sure gamepad is player 2 not player 1. (configurable through the config file.)

after this, copy the contents of the folder to your ut3 directory. then run ut3 and use command "debugcreateplayer 1" for a 2 player split screen "setsplit 1" for horizontal split or "setsplit 2" for vertical split

edit:i'll make a config file for you. no guarantees it will work because it not the same gamepad, just similar. how many player you want?

Comment

here is the link

http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id4377079196.html

it has all the files you need. just copy the files to the main folder where the ut3 exe is.

it has 4 player support (player 1 is keyboard and mouse NOT gamepad, players 2 3 4 are gamepad.)

it should work with the gamepad you mentioned, i configured for ps2. obviously i couldn't configure the triggers properly because ps2 doesn't have triggers right? so they're set as normal buttons.

rumble supported

they may not be to your liking, i have just configured to similarity of the xbox360 controller and ps2 controller.

Comment

here is the link

http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id4377079196.html

it has all the files you need. just copy the files to the main folder where the ut3 exe is.

it has 4 player support (player 1 is keyboard and mouse NOT gamepad, players 2 3 4 are gamepad.)

it should work with the gamepad you mentioned, i configured for ps2. obviously i couldn't configure the triggers properly because ps2 doesn't have triggers right? so they're set as normal buttons.

rumble supported

they may not be to your liking, i have just configured to similarity of the xbox360 controller and ps2 controller.
                            well thanks but **** ut3 is being stupid with my controller. yet these settings dont work either, i have also changed the settings on the analog so it is correct on the test, but yet when i play ut3, my right analog stick is left going up and down going right. it worked perfectly in the test.exe but ut3 is just making it frustrating. i tried ur original settings too, nothing at all. ,aybe im the only person hat this doesnt work for. the anlogs are the problem, there all inverted!!!1

Comment

you know in the config file? it has 7 values you can choose right? (i think)

i would recommend changing it and then test in ut3, then change again, and test it ut3.

if it still doesn't work, can you change the controller type in the control panel, controller's section?

my gamepad doesn't work in pc mode but works in ps2 mode

if you still can't get it to work, you can get a xbox 360 controller, which should work but i haven't tested, or you can get the firestorm dual power 4 pc controller, that's the one i have and tested. it as similar layout to ps2 controller. the rubbery material is quality but the buttons seem rather cheap. but it's good enough for me. it has two individual vibration motors for force feedback no batteries

Comment

Working...
                              X