Issue with Alt + Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Alt + Tab

Hi, I use to be able to Alt + Tab Unreal Tournament 3 to minimize the game to the taskbar, then restore the game and carry on playing it. Since a reinstall of Windows Vista however, I am unable to do this.

Now when I Alt + Tab the game, I can no longer get back into it as the Unreal Tournmanet 3 button sits on the taskbar and refuses to restore itself.

Why am I no longer able to get back into a game when I Alt + Tab?

Thanks

Alt-Tab works better if the game resolution is the same as the desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
      Alt-Tab works better if the game resolution is the same as the desktop.
      The games resolution is the same as desktop (1920x1200)

Comment

I got that problem too. sometimes i can restore the game and sometimes it hangs, forces me to kill it.

Comment

i had problem with alt+ tab too.. also i have the same game and desktop resolution... i am playing UT in windowed and maximized mode... now when i want to switch UT with other application there is no problem.... so if you dont mind playing ut in maximized window (so you will have the top and bottom bar) you should try it.. hope that i helped you!

Comment

If that works for you, you could also try ruuning the game full-screen and then pressing Alt-Enter to go into Windowed mode and back.

Comment

Try this fix:

change this line

bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False to bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
              in the UTEngine.ini under the
              [Engine.ISVHacks] section

should fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                Try this fix:
                Ok, not sure what that option does but I tried it. Nope... still cannot access the game after an Alt+Tab

I understand I could stretch the window out to full (so I see the top and bottom of my desktop) and then alt+enter but I would like to know why it is doing this so I don't have to do that.

Comment

Must be an ATI issue, even Catalyst 9.9 has this problem...

Comment

Originally posted by deadman_uk View Post
                    Must be an ATI issue, even Catalyst 9.9 has this problem...
                    I can alt tab just fine on Windows 7 64bit and I have catalyst 9.9 right now.

Even alt+enter to go from windowed to fullscreen just fine.

I'm runing the Retail game and not Steam so I dunno if its a Steam related issue as people don't specify.

My Vista machine also has no issues with alt+tab.

Comment

May be an issue with Vista x64. I use the original game, not the Steam version.

Comment

I have this issues as well.

I have Vista 32m and an Nvidia card. I can sometimes alt+tab a couple times, and other times the game just wont come back from the task bar.

I never figured it out either. Drives me mad as I have to re-open the game, reconnect to the server and sometimes if the server is popular I cant get back into the game.

Let me know if you get it figured out

Comment

Working...
                        X