Connection failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection failed

I've bought Unreal Tournament 3 on Steam today, but I don't seem to be able to join any server. Everytime I join it says connection failed.. sometimes the map will start loading, but after that it also says connection failed.

I also haven't had to enter my CD Key yet, which is weird, because Steam keeps telling me what it is (which numbers/letters) and says that I'll have to enter it into the game at some point..

**NEVER MIND, IT WORKS NOW :\***

How?!

What did you do to make it work? I have the exact same problem as you did.

Comment

have the same problem! i could have easily created exactly the same topic. what is the solution?

Comment

i guess im not the only one with this problem. i thought it was the way i installed it, is there any help out there?

Comment

I'm having the exact same issue. I've done everything listed here "http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590086" but the problem persists.

One odd thing happened when I tried to join 1 server. It said I was kicked because my CD Key was banned but I just bought the game today on Steam and I haven't played a single game yet, offline or online.

Comment

i am reinstalling the game through steam right now. I will report back with the results.

Comment

...did not make any difference.

I think this is because UT3 did not ask for a serial key. Is there any way to clear the registry entry where the key is stored (or the file)?

That way UT3 will ask for the key again.

Comment

Originally posted by rebrain View Post
                ...did not make any difference.

I think this is because UT3 did not ask for a serial key. Is there any way to clear the registry entry where the key is stored (or the file)?

That way UT3 will ask for the key again.
                I posted about an issue with my CD Key on the Steam forums and got a reply from a Steam CSR, they said it was Epic's issue but gave me this link in regards to trying to enter the CD Key again. Hope it helps you, hasn't done anything useful for me.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...1106-TSKX-5462

Comment

it helped. thank you!

Comment

We were able to connect to each other over a LAN game prior to patching to 2.1. Ever since 2.1 we see our game listed twice under the LAN browser and get Connection Failed. It would be nice if Epic focused a bit more on supporting the PC gamers, rather than putting all their focus on f****ing consoles like PS3 and 360. This is bull****.

Problem exists when hosting a local game from Vista, as well as with a Linux dedicated server we have set up for LAN play. Someone please patch the patch.

Comment

Working...
                    X