Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Irritated Skin View Post
    Are you using a wireless card to connect to your router?
    Windows Vista and XP both have lag spikes once every 60 seconds. There is a program called Vista Anti-Lag, this thread helped me http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=804238 . With XP, I'm less familiar with the remedy, but I know it is easier and it works better.
    no, im directly connected. im some how loseing packets if thats what "out loss" and "in loss" means. i get random spikes of out loss and in loss of 2-6ish

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are you using a wireless card to connect to your router?
    Windows Vista and XP both have lag spikes once every 60 seconds. There is a program called Vista Anti-Lag, this thread helped me http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=804238 . With XP, I'm less familiar with the remedy, but I know it is easier and it works better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    my theory about the packet loss was why its skipping. i just got done playing and i left the ping info on screen and noticed that every time i skipped a random number between 2 and 6 would appear on the in loss or out loss row. any one know any solutions to this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i run xfire and steam at the same time, dont think its that. ( i need steam on to play the game) ive wondered if its my router makeing me not get the full connection b/c of ports er something. its funny cause its worse on UT2k4. players are invisible sometimes, sometimes vehicles are only partialy visable (i can see the tank body and treds, just not the tank top) but i passed UT2k4 off b/c i figured there were so many mods i was missing that it was just missing content. any one that can help gets a free cookie

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When the game came out the VOIP was, not that great. So most people didn't use it. Alot of people use Ventrillo/Teamspeak to chat with buddies while playing. I have a Ventrillo server, if you want to join follow the instructions here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594957

For your skipping around the map, it really sounds like someone is using limewire, or a bitorrent client to download while your gaming. Those types of programs will cause major lag/problems, while trying to game.

If its not this, then try talking to your ISP. Get them to come check your lines.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *bump* respond pl0x

Leave a comment:

• started a topic 3 questions/issues

3 questions/issues

Hello! let me start by saying im a huge fan of the unreal games, i just really need help or clairification on three things:
    -is it my computer or the server? ppl ruber band (dissapear and reapear in diffrent locations) all the time, my shots are delayed. esp annoying in betrayal b/c you NEED lightning fast reflexes. ping never higher than 150 but usualy IS 150

-why does no one use the VOIP? i always talk on it, but never get a responce and NEVER hear other users useing it. except that one time... xD

-(not related to troubleshooting) why do so few people play this game? every one plays ut2k4. i have both and find ut3 to be much more entertaining. i esp love the mods on ut3 too.

thanks for the help every one !

*edit- forgot my comp specs xD i have dual core 2.40ghz, x1650 ATI radeon card, 4 gigs of ram (even tho i can only use about 3.4 gigs) vista 32. i ask if its my comp b/c i can play instant action perfectly smooth.
Working...
X