Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ut3 slows down dramatically after a short while on my beast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut3 slows down dramatically after a short while on my beast.

i have intel q9450 and sli 8800gts 512 and for the first game or 2 it runs really fast anywhere from 100 to 300fps on any map but after that it slows down to like 30 fps. my temp is fine and no other game does this. sometimes it happens even with in the first game. i have been looking all over the config file to find something that can cause this but i am not an expert there and cant find much that could effect this. i set my smoothed frame rate to min 60 fps and max 999.000 and also tried max at like 100 or 300 and nothing changes does all the same i love the game and cant figure it out. it was not always like this but the last two times i installed this game it was like this. both times. so i have uninstalled and fully installed and did not fix anything. i also did try changing my gpu driver and did not fix it either. i have had this issue for a while since and all drivers i have tried going as far back as 167 forceware and just upgraded to 185.85 and no fix. so i think it has to be the config file or something with the game. anyone know what can cause and fix this? will be very appreciated. its my only game with this issue.

Try turning off hardware acceleration(physx) in-game and in the nvidia control panel. My brother has SLI 8800gtx's, and Physx has never worked properly on them. Eventually his FPS goes below 10. Without physx turned on, in the Physx maps, he's better off with the 20-30fps from his cpu for physx. You can also try disabling "one-frame-thread-lag". This has helped some people as well.

Comment

Working...
    X