Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Installing UT3.... Help Appreciated

Hi all,

I previously had UT3 installed on my laptop. Had no problems running the game etc, everything was working fine. I unistalled it a few months ago, and recently (this week) have been trying to install it again.

I have inserted the CD, followed the instructions as I did previously. This time however, when the installation process is well underway, an error box appears:

Error 1305.Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament3\UTGame\CookedPC\Environments\LT_Mech.u pk. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

After clicking on cancel another error box appears saying:

Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation.
    Consult windows installer help or MSDN for more information.... I have looked, but have not found anything that works or is useful.

Any ideas how this can be fixed? I can not remember this happening on my previous installation.

Any advice/help/ explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,
    Jamie

try uninstalling it with something like revo unistaller in advanced mode it will delete any files hidden from faulty installation then try to install again. i will see if i can find anything else on the error but at the moment i think you just had one faulty installation and i think you need to cleanly uninstall it to get a good one.

Comment

please help me with my issue too http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=681646

Comment

Yeah, I'd check if the C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament3 path already exists, and if it does, delete it. Otherwise, try logging in as administrator and installing it, sounds like a permission problem for writing the files or overwriting what's already there.

Unrelated/or not, I had an issue with deleting patch files for UT3, and removing the demo installer, as though it's always open by another process which prevents it from being deleted. I figure it was probably something to do with virus scanning.

Comment

Working...
        X