Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connection Failed Issue Solved ( at least for me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Failed Issue Solved ( at least for me)

Hello there, recently i bought UT3 on Steam, after the download is completed the steam program instaled my game, but the game didnt ask me for the CDKEY... well i created an account, i logged on, i went to the server list, and guess what i couldn't join at any server... amazing...
    After i read lots of threads in ut forums of connecting issues and **** i saw a lot of ppl with the same problem.
    Well after a few punches on my pc ... i've discovered a way to put ut3 working "online" on all the servers of the servers. ( like i said before ... at least for me Works )

1º Get rid of your STEAM program if you have it. ( uninstall it )
    2º Uninstall the game
    3º Use a program to clean the Registry trash. ( Windows Manager for example )
    4º (Now comes the ugliest part)... get a fake copy of the game...
    (kiddin...or... not )
    5º Install it.
    6º Use your Legit Key on it.
    7º You don't need to disable windows firewall or your antivirus ( unless one of them is blocking your game )
    8º You dont need to open Ports on your router ( if you have it ), but you can always open them:
    Go to NAT -> Virtual Servers Options on your router and add this ports to your internal ip address ( for example 192.168.1.x ) using the TCP/UDP Protocol
    7777, 7778, 7787, 13000, 27900, 6667, 3783, 28900, 29900, 29901, 13139 and 6515.
    If you don't know how to do it go there -> http://www.portforward.com/english/r...outerindex.htm
    choose your router and follow the steps.
    9º Install all the UT3 Updates & Patches.
    10º Go play and have fun.

If for any cause you need to Re-Enter your Cd Key...
    Browse to the Unreal Engine configuration file found at: C:\Users\YOUR_USER\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

Open the file, and near the end you will see this header:

[OnlineSubsystemGameSpy.OnlineSubsystemGameSpy]

Beneath the header lies your key, in encrypted format.

Remove the line that contains the key (in my case: EncryptedProductKey=001000000000208140157etc).

Restart Unreal Tournament III, and it will ask you for your key.

Enter your key again, and voila you've changed it.

I Hope this helps ppl.

Luck » SkiLL
Working...
X