UT3.exe has stopped working.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3.exe has stopped working.....

All of the sudden ut3 will not start. A window pops up and says "UT3.EXE has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I recently just add a DIR-655 router. Only thing I can think of is either the router or a Vista64 update. Any ideas? If none by tomorrow I am going to try to reinstall. Any help is much appreciated.

Clean your disk?
    Exe means it cant execute (start up) the game.
    Check if you got a mark on your CD
    If not, look into the exe. file on your hard drive, the problem could be rummiging around in there somewhere.
    A corrupted file maybe?

Comment

I noticed someone having a similar issue after they have update the latest patch from nvidia. So, I am going to try and go back a version and see if this helps.

Comment

I also run a DIR-655 router and I have had no issues due to the router.
        I have the latest Nvidia beta installed and running UT3 with patch 2.1 with no problems to report.
        Let us know what you find. I see a few in here having the same problem.

peace

Comment

Thanx guys.

Comment

Delete your ini files in /My Docs/My Games/Unreal../UTGame/Config so when you start the game you get new default ones. You will need to type in your cd key.

Once it works, make back up copies of your ini files and you can just copy them over the bad ones next time.

Comment

Now it works. I have done nothing, but figured I'd give it one more try before a re-install, and presto. I have loaded it several times now and no problem. Buggy.

Comment

Working...
              X