ut3 has experienced a problem........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut3 has experienced a problem........

I know that you all probably heard it all before, so please excuse the ignorance. I downloaded the game and installed it. Currently I have a P4 3.0 mhz, 2gig ram, asus P4p800-vm motherboard, with video on the board. I have reformatted my HD and then did a clean install with windows xp pro as the os. Other than the fact that I don't have a separate video card to run the game, I don't know what is wrong. I see alot about patches, but am aprehensive about applying them. I want to give the gave to my wife for mothers day and I have tried everything. Again I know that you all have seen this over and again, but if it is possible, could someone please help me....

Thank you in advance,
    Killerchef

Have you done everything listed in this FAQ?

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590086

Comment

Yes I have, I have the latest direct X. My cpu is running perfectly and at factory settings. I did change the pump window messages. When I start the game it says that my ini something or another is outdated, do I want to update it? I said yes.
      Did I miss something???

Comment

Can someone please help me!!

Comment

"ini something or another" doesn't help. "WHAT.ini" is outdated?

Also, what is the video on the motherboard? If it is an Intel chipset, rather than nVidia or ATI, get a video card from one of these latter two manufacturers.

Comment

First install the patch. There is a new 2.1 patch. This is important.
            Then what are the spec's on your on-board video? Do they meet the minimum requirements?

I have had this happen to me many times.
            I have tried to delete my CFG files. Didn't work. I tried to delete everything in my documents/UT3 folders. Didn't work (although I would try both of these first).
            I have always fixed the problem by:
            1) Uninstalling UT3. I then go back and make sure everything is deleted.
            2) I delete everything in my User/ Documents and Settings/User name/MyDocuments/MyGames/Unreal Tournament 3 directory. I even remove the directories.
            3) I do a CCleaner registry and file clean.
            4) Reboot.
            5) Reinstall.

I have learned to make copies on my custom maps so I can reinstall them (UT3Util Program) fast.

While this is some work, it works every time.
            This seems to happen when I revert my HDD (EAZ-FIX) or install some type of mod in UT3. My gut feeling is that something in the game content doesn't match the content in the My Documents/UT3 folders.

Comment

Thank you, at least I have a direction to go in. Just one more thing. what specific video card is recommended? I don't really have alot of money, but will do what I need to do. I went to the site that checks if my computer has what it takes to play. When I got to the video section it kind of froze up. When I got back to the site, it said that my video was unalbe to be determined. I figured it was my video card.

Comment

Originally posted by killerchef View Post
                Thank you, at least I have a direction to go in. Just one more thing. what specific video card is recommended? I don't really have alot of money, but will do what I need to do. I went to the site that checks if my computer has what it takes to play. When I got to the video section it kind of froze up. When I got back to the site, it said that my video was unalbe to be determined. I figured it was my video card.
                With the motherboard that you are using, there is only one card that may help at this point, and that is the AGP 3850 from ATI: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102730 Honestly it looks like now would be a good time to consider upgrading the rest of your computer, before getting a new GPU. There are some real good "cheaper" mobo's and CPU going around today. You could get a CPU+mobo+ram+gpu for around 300$.

Comment

Working...
                X