Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

players/sound/ammo dissapear in CtF mode

so.. the last few hours, every time i join a capture the flag game,
    even tho the scoreboard shows the players and stuff, theres noone there.
    also no sound effects or visible projectiles...

i've been playing for days now, without any problem.

i dunno if this has something to do with my pc, but just in case, here it is..
    saphire 4850 hd 512
    asus p5q
    4gigs ram and a dual e8400 cpu
    on xp..

any help would be great :\
    thx

Have you tried multiple servers and does this also happen on instant action?

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
      Have you tried multiple servers and does this also happen on instant action?
      everything is fine in instant action, the problem is with multiplayer.

i've tried with 3-4 different servers, same thing every time...
      i start ok and after a couple of seconds, players freeze where they are, running in the air,
      no sound except my footsteps, cant pick up weapons and no projectiles visible.
      basicaly its like i'm disconnected.

i can play other type of games like DM/TDM, vehicle CTF, the resource thingies..
      just not regular CTF as of yesterday.
      thats weird because i used to play CTF without any problems.

i tried uninstalling the game and deleting the documents, then reinstall,
      i patched all 4 patches in the right order, made a new account, reset my ip address... but it didnt fix.

btw, i cant play the Necris race, even though i have installed all 4 patches the right order, they're not there.

Comment

Ok re-install the game, clean your "MyGames\UnrealTournament 3" folder.
        (Don't even lauch it after install, do the rest of the process first)
        Then only install patch 2.0 and then titan pack.
        Delete again the "MyGames\UnrealTournament 3" and lauch the game.

Due to certain settings being changed on the configuration files of UT3 from 1.3 patch to 2.0 patch they get easily corrupted when the 2.0 patch is installed on top of the previous ones.
        So you will only need the 2.0 as all UT3 patches are cumulative, they carry all the changes from the previous ones.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
          Ok re-install the game, clean your "MyGames\UnrealTournament 3" folder.
          (Don't even lauch it after install, do the rest of the process first)
          Then only install patch 2.0 and then titan pack.
          Delete again the "MyGames\UnrealTournament 3" and lauch the game.

Due to certain settings being changed on the configuration files of UT3 from 1.3 patch to 2.0 patch they get easily corrupted when the 2.0 patch is installed on top of the previous ones.
          So you will only need the 2.0 as all UT3 patches are cumulative, they carry all the changes from the previous ones.
          i did exactly as u said,
          only thing is, i only had to delete the "MyGames\UnrealTournament 3" after installing,
          because after i aply the patch and the titan pack it is still missing. well, no problem here i guess.
          weird thing is, it kept my settings and my character which shouldnt happen since i deleted the "MyGames\UnrealTournament 3"

it didnt work, still no Necris (i dont care really) and still cant play multi CTF,
          i can host and join via "quick join"though.
          i dont think its the patches,
          since i did play a few times after installing the patch and the titan pack,
          (it wont let u select multiplayer mode unless u get the patch and titan pack)
          then suddenly.. ..this.

thx for your help anyway, if u have any other ideas i would be greatful.
          i think i might try installing it in a friend's pc and see if it does these things there as well..

edit: after a reboot, it suddenly works.... i can play CTF multi.
          still no necris though, which i dont care, so np =>

Comment

Working...
          X