UT3 .exe file automatically deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 .exe file automatically deleted

I have had my UT3 .exe file deleted four times from my computer. I have tried reinstalling the program or the latest patch and the .exe file gets added again to my computer but after a little bit of time (1-4 days), the file is deleted again. Does anyone know why this could happening? Is an anti-virus program deleting it? I don't see the .exe file in quarantine logs.

If someone has any ideas about this, I would love to hear them. Thank you all for your time!

That's a new one. Could it be that your anti-spyware or anti-virus programs are deleting it?

Comment

It's possible, but again I don't see it listed in any removal logs.

Comment

Anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? It just happened again!

Comment

I get gamespy / spyware reports every scan from mc affee, I haven't quarantined the file yet in case it causes ut to quit working. You could try adding ut3.exe to your trusted files list in your scanner and see if that makes a difference.
          I don't have it in trusted, but mcaffee doesn't auto-quarantine other than trojan/virus files.

If you're lazy to figure out how to trust a file, just scan the C:/program files/unreal tournament 3 directory and you should probably get an option to ignore the file.

Comment

Working...
          X