Graphical Interface issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphical Interface issue

I'm just new to the boards (today in fact), however i have been experiencing an issue with UT3.

the issue that i have is, when playing the game I have no issues on the opening cinematics of levels, nor is there an issue in the introductory levels of the game. However, when it comes to the later levels in the game (from the first match proper onwards) i have this type of interferance on the screen

My specs are the following

WinXP Media Center SP3
    UT3 with latest patch & Titan Addon
    ATI 256MB x1300 with latest Drivers And Catalyst Control
    2gb Ram
    2.6ghz AMD Dual Core processor
    DirectX latest Update.

can anyone advise on how to rectify this issue? as it is severly hampering my gameplay experience.

edit* this strange interferance also appears on the main login screen in the camera flythrough's

I had something similar to this on the PS3 where a custom mod was messing up the graphics. But I don't see custom mods being an issue on the PC. As a computer tech I would say there could be some corruption with the UT3 installation, your graphics drivers may need updated, you may have a setting turned on that your graphics card can't handle, or UT3 may not like your graphics card altogether.

Comment

Check Ultron's tweak guide >> http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586697

Comment

Originally posted by gatordile View Post
        I had something similar to this on the PS3 where a custom mod was messing up the graphics. But I don't see custom mods being an issue on the PC. As a computer tech I would say there could be some corruption with the UT3 installation, your graphics drivers may need updated, you may have a setting turned on that your graphics card can't handle, or UT3 may not like your graphics card altogether.
        i've looked at all my options that you have suggested, and I can confirm the following - my card is on the list of supported GFX Cards, my drivers are updated to the latest available..i've uninstalled and re-installed UT3, but i havent started it yet to see if its sorted.

To Voodoo Master: I've had a look at the "Snow" issue as its called, and the Mobility modder mentioned is only for laptop GPU's and not PC GPU's, and i have upgraded the latest drivers for my card.

so im kinda stuck....

edit* ran the game after a re-install, but the snow issue still persists... hmm.....

Comment

Working...
        X