Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Match Wont Start

Hi,
    I've just installed 2.0 & Titan pack, and now when I go to start a match it loads the level but then won't recognize me pressing fire to start the match. Also, I can't look around or move. The game is still running though, frames keep being rendered. I've tried disabling gamepads assigning fire to the keyboard but still the game won't recognize. Very odd. Any thoughts appreciated.

EDIT: Oh, and I have an AMD 6400X2 with an nVidia 9800gtx+ and 2gigs of RAM running on XP Pro.

Did you do a fresh install of the game prior to installing the patch?
    Did you delete everything in your USER/UT3 directory before the install?

Comment

I am getting the exact same problem. It doesn't matter if I go into instant action, campaign or online, the only keys I can hit are tab and f10 which brings up the console. Once in there I can type disconnect, quit, exit, etc to get back out, but I can't move or do anything else. I did put the latest patch on before this started, but it did want my cd key for some reason when I launched ut3, even though this game has been installed for a long time. I have created a new profile. I have backed up utgame.ini and let it create a new one. Same thing with the utengine.ini file. I still haven't had any luck. Interestingly this guy had our problem back in 2k4:
      http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=399501

The game has ran fine in the past, but I don't know if it ran fine before the patch. Also I don't have this problem in 2k4 like the guy above.

fresh install prior to patch? delete everything in user/ut3? are those things necessary?
      Any suggestions other than a reinstall?

thanks

Met

Comment

Yes,
        The patch instructions mention that the patch should be installed to a fresh install.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the clean install via steam, that was a little buried in their post about the new patch. Anyway wait all night on that download, and it still didn't work this morning, couldn't press fire to start. Bottom line I renamed the unreal tournament 3 folder in my documents\my games, and let it recreate the whole thing and it worked. Who knows what was screwed up in there, something other than utgame.ini or utengine.ini
          Hopefully someone else finds this useful, cause it is a really weird problem.

Met

Comment

Is this a gamepad issue or a UT3 issue?
            Will UT3 startup? At what point do you have this can't press fire issue.
            I sometimes use a gamepad and it isn't needed to start a match.
            I don't understand how this is affecting things. Do you have "use gamepad" checked in setup?

Comment

The solution to this problem is to rename or delete your UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini file and restart the game - starting an Instant Action game will do.

After UTInput.ini has been recreated by the game, most of your settings will still be maintained. However, you may have to edit UTInput.ini to restore some key settings...ones that you cannot set in-game.

Comment

Working...
              X