Constant cd-key requests & duplicate login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant cd-key requests & duplicate login

Shortly before patch 2.0 I started getting duplicate login constantly, nothing had changed, it just started happening several times a night... In the middle of a game, kicked and have to login again. Whatever, I understand it's a gamespy issue that will likely never be resolved.

With patch 2.0 it's happening just as much, but now with a worse problem, it's constantly asking for me cd-key which I have pretty well memorized. I've probably entered it 150+ times since 2.0 came out. I just got kicked from a game, and asked to enter my cd-key... I entered it, and I was logged in, I didn't even have duplicate login, I just more or less was kicked from the game and asked to enter my key. What's going on? I bought this game the day or the day after it came out and never was asked for me cd-key again till patch 2.0 ....Will buying a new copy of the game fix this issue? If that's what it takes I'll do it, I just don't want to buy yet another copy of the game just to have the same problem. Anybody else have similar issues?

I'm actually having the same thing happening to me. I don't play online and it's happening. I do have an .iso image saved to my hard drive for convenience purposes because I travel for work but I'ven't ever seen a cd-key complain about using an iso from a virtual CD-Rom instead of a physical drive.

Comment

hmmm, I used the real dvd to install and haven't been asked for it since... I'll check and see if I have any virtual drives and try that out, will report back if that turns out to be it, thanks!

Comment

When you installed the 2.0 patch, did you perform a fresh install of UT3 (also removing everything in your USER directory)?
        You might try deleting your CFG files and let UT3 recreate them.

Comment

Thanks for your post MasterB, lol funny signature btw...

I have no virtual drives running, the only thing in my processes that I think could sketch it out would be starwindservice.exe which is part of Alcohol120 (which does not have any virtual drives enabled) and is not set to begin at startup.

No, was the same install I've been playing with for a million years (never had any real troubles but duplicate login)
          I could try deleting my config's, I wasn't sure how rare of a problem was so I figured I'd ask first. If nobody has a better solution in a few days I'll try it out and report back. Thanks for your help!

Comment

This started happening to me recently for some reason and I'm not sure but I think I have found a "fix" for this, at least in my case game stopped asking CD-key which it did constantly. So what I did was just quit from the game using the "Exit" option in the main menu. Before I always used the "quick" method - opening console and typing "quit".

Comment

I don't ever leave the game by console quit. Sometimes I use the 'exit game' button while in-game, sometimes I disconnect and then exit from the main menu.

Comment

Well what I did was pretty much enter the CD-key, click accept (or whatever this button name is) and then, as soon as it went to main menu I clicked "Exit".

Comment

Working...
                X