Worst Ever... Very Dissapointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Everyone using ATI cards should try to disable vsync ingame and also set in ccc "off unless application specified"

Solved freezing for me on my ati4870 512mb ram-a.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Acid.OMG View Post
    how can i find my exact specs? this is a custom computer that i got from ym mom and redid so all i know if i have a 80gb and a 120gb hd also i upgraded the video card thats all i know
    You can download ntune from nvidia, it's free.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how can i find my exact specs? this is a custom computer that i got from ym mom and redid so all i know if i have a 80gb and a 120gb hd also i upgraded the video card thats all i know

Leave a comment:

• replied
    but the rest of your systems guts/specs could lead us in a better direction. or give us better leads to help you, or cause more of us to vent. regardless, i run a pny 8500gt 512 megs of ram, on top of an athlon fx5200. 3 gigs ram,vista home premium 32 bit. on an eye frying 16' olde *** hp crt. through both Brad g's ut3 tweaker, and the ut3 User Interface, i run this game with basically all the visuals disabled, AND at a diminshed resolution, to get acceptable, playable framerates. set like this, it looks like an almost natural transition (visually) from playing 2k4, native res,full graphics. IMO.<please note disclaimer>

this does not take into account gameplay issues between the two.
    i do not generally discuss that.

i can only hope for the day to come sooner, that i might actually PLAY on map's i can barely preview with all the visual goodness applied. seriously, go look in the screenshot and wallpaper threads, this game is visually insane.

hope you iron it out, and hope to see you out there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no i upgraded since that posts to a 7300 the 5500 wouldnt even start the game... i am not sure why but at random for me it does crash and i just realized UT99 is doing the same they have something to do with History.. and when i delete my config files they work again but i loose all of my settings

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MasterB View Post
    He isn't coming back. He wasn't looking for help. He was just venting.
    That will not fix anything.
    I agree. He posted this two days before he started this thread:
    ok thats what i thought i have a Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 i cna easily upgrade but i want to make sure that is the problem

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it SO does not crash at random!!! you're dellusional

Leave a comment:

• replied
    He isn't coming back. He wasn't looking for help. He was just venting.
    That will not fix anything.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My son and i just got this game and it works fine for us. I did have a problem with one mod i installed but i just repatched it up with the 2.0 patch and it fixed it. Here's our specs. Epic always put out patches for their unreal series i wouldn't worry. I think this game has great potential.

Mine
    Intel core quad q6600
    4 gig of ram
    ati Radeon hd 3650

My sons
    3500 athlon 64
    2 gigs of ram
    8600 geforce
    and it runs great on his and its not even dual core.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Becareful when you add mods and stuff they can cause the game to crash if they aren't compatible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The 5500 was bad midrange video card 6 years ago in Nvidea's weakest line ever. ATi's 9xxx series was substantially faster than Nvidia's 5xxx line. The 5xxx series lacks allot of modern shader architecture, most games that have been released in the last 3 years require 9.0c for the shader 3.0 support.

Based on min requirements:
    You cannot run Bioshock, you cannot run Crysis, you cannot run COD4, you cannot run The Witcher, you cannot run Farcry 2, you cannot run STALKER, you cannot run Left 4 Dead, and you cannot run UT3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    he needs a 6200 or higher just to play & a 7600 for somewhat playable Frames

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok thats what i thought i have a Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 i cna easily upgrade but i want to make sure that is the problem
    Not exactly above the minimum requirements, are we? I suggest you upgrade your PC, or don't buy any more games that were made in the last 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, let's forget other threads.
    First off:
    Post your pc specs!
    CPU, GPU, Mainboard, RAM, Windows and any other special things like Soundcard.

Then:
    Have you installed the newest drivers and the newest UT3 patch?

If you don't want to post your specs always, then put them into your signature.
    As you want.

Greets

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Worst Ever... Very Dissapointed

Worst Ever... Very Dissapointed

Other than when it actually works 2/10 times this game sucks

it constantly crashes (at random)

When i post issues they barley get answers (thanks alot)

and apparently i am not the only one seeing all of these posts about crashing

I go above the minimun requirment and it still crahses

I think you should test your game on some normal computers before assuming it will work perfectly because your so called Unreqal Technology isnt very user friendly
Working...
X