Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Strider782 View Post
    Bought the game for fun as well as for the editor.
    You wouldn't believe the number of people that I've seen come here and say "I recently got UT mostly for the editor".
    video card is a nvidia geforce4 mx 4000
    The listed minimum requirement for this game is a 6600 GT. Some people I think have it going at worse cards on the 6 series Nvidia cards. I highly doubt this game could run on a 5 series card. Trying to get it to run on a 4 series, let alone an MX card, you're just ******* in the wind. I don't care how much ram, or CPU power you have, that card is going to make the game run like ****. Or just error out like it's doing now.

If you can find an 8800GT, they're probably pretty cheap by now.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16814121224R
    That was the only one I could find on newegg lol. I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll probably find them for less then $90

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you need 2Gb of ram to have nice play(which u have ordered)
    you need a 8xxx nvidia card for decent frames & looks
    CPu is fine
    you will need a new Power supply

i fix computers & most HP power supplys are just enough to power the hardware that comes with the unit

going from a 4 to even a 6,7 or 8 will force u to a new PSU

System requirements Microsoft Windows

* XP/Vista
    * 2.0 GHz single core CPU (2.4 GHz dual core CPU or faster recommended)
    * 512 MB RAM (1.0 GB RAM or greater recommended)
    * 8.0 GB hard disk drive space
    * NVIDIA 6200 or ATI 9600 video card (NVIDIA 7800GTX or ATI X1300 or faster recommended)
    * DirectX 9.0c compliant sound card
    * Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported.

DDR400 will be slow on this game so dont expect to load maps fast

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think the geforce4 mx 4000 isn't suported by the game as it requires at least a geforce 6200 or ati 9600.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Dead before play

Dead before play

Bought the game for fun as well as for the editor. Installed it and I would get "UT3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." So I tried downloading the patch out and it did it again. I updated my current video card and tried again and it happened again. Never even gets to the splash screen, it dies before it ever seems to even load.

Currently running Windows XP Home Edition 32 bit on an HP Pavilion
    Processor is a GenuineIntel ~2699 Mhz
    Total Physical Memory 768.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 192.18 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
    video card is a nvidia geforce4 mx 4000

Ordered more ram for my PC which will arrive tomorrow that will give it 2 GB.

When it comes up that it has encountered a problem this is listed in the Error Signature:
    AppName: ut3.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 00012aeb

Can someone please tell me what is wrong with this thing? I miss the good old days of just installing the game and it worked fine and you could play to your hearts content. I appreciate any help that anyone can give me.

~Strider
Working...
X