Demo doesn't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I didn't expect them to work, but I tried (and it didn't work). The game doesn't even load a thing, so the videodrivers don't have anything to screw up.
    I also redownloaded the demo (even though my installer was the right amount of bytes), which didn't work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    latest drivers?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, what is kinda strange, I can't uninstall the game the normal way. If I select the uninstaller, seems to be looking for 'setup.exe'. I have to go to controlpanel and remove it.
    The game doesn't give an error, but if I rename/delete (so the game can't find them) any of the config files in \Engine\Config, windows gives me an error with an unexpected error and I can't send the error report to Microsoft (or not). It seems to want those files for startup, but perhaps there's an error in there?
    I deleted multiple .dll's from the UT3 folder, but it didn't gave me an error then. It doesn't even seem to want them. Ofcourse, I uninstalled it after that (through controlpanel) and reïnstalled it. It has every original file now. Still nothing, ofcourse.

EDIT: I also reïnstalled PhysX. I tried to get rid of my Ageia, but it gives me an error (only valid for installed services).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also cleared my register with CCleaner. I gave it (demo) a fresh install, still nothing happens.
    If I delete my config folder, and I run the game, UT3 makes a new one, but then it stops. Maby that means something? I have no idea.

P.S. Yes, this was also a sneaky bump

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I found some topics (I couldn't before) that had the same problem, but all things that worked in there don't work for me.
    I did a clean boot and I deleted my config-folder. Nothing changed.

EDIT: Perhaps I should've editted my 1st post >.<

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Demo doesn't start

Demo doesn't start

I'm eager to try UT3 (since it's cheap now and I'm in for some online action), so I just downloaded the demo.
    The problem is though, that it doesn't run when I try to. I click it, I get an hourglass for a few seconds and then nothing. When I check my taskmanager, there is a process (UT3Demo.exe) at it seems to have 16mb Mem Usage all the time. The game still doesn't run though, so I kill the process.

What could be causing this? I turned off my AV, but it still doesn't run (it's in the trusted group anyway). I did some scanning with SFC, rebooted but no effect.

My pc:
    Intel E8400 @3GHz
    ATI HD3870
    2GB RAM 800MHz
Working...
X