• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Lol that sounded funny

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For all of those who bought the game from Steam try checking in

C:/Program files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/unrealtournament3/utgame/cookedPC

I know its alot

I hope my problem has helped other people with their problem

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd like to know what the solution is too, I'm having the same problem as rathalos150

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rathalos150 View Post
    problem solved.
    What was the solution?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    problem solved.

thanks to everyone who posted

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tried reinstalling the game before I posted the thread

I believe my game didn't contain all of the files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try reinstalling UT3. If there is a progress bar that shows whats being downloaded, look for .upk files.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The main problem I have is there is nothing in my cooked PC folder. there is no environments folder or anything like that... Kinda stinks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Keep in mind there are several cookedPC folders. I have:
    My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC
    My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC
    Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC

The last one is which you are interested in. It contains all sounds, textures, vehicles, weapons, static meshes etc, etc...Size of this folder is over 6GB. Obviously not every asset is loaded into RAM - that would probably kill your computer. You have to load manually required files and - hopefully - unload when you see you don't need those anymore (note if you use some asssets, you may still unload the file - it will keep just those elements that you actually use in the map).

Most commonly you load files from
    Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Environments
    There goes all your materials and static meshes.

If you want to add vehicles or items, you should instead - in Generic Browser - pick 'Actors Classes' page and then choose:
    Navigation Point\PickupFactory\UTPickupFactory\{something} - for weapons, ammo, items
    Navigation Point\UTVehicleFactory\{something} - for vehicles

Some actors, i.e. UTWeaponPickupFactory require you to change their properties after you put them in the game, to define which weapon should be there (press F4 when actor is selected in your level)

If you are looking for some particular Static Meshes or just checking what is available, I suggest - instead of using the editor's tiresome load/unload - checking the following page:
    http://utmapping.wikidot.com/static-mesh-catalog
    note however, the page was last updated a year ago so it does not contain any Titan content there may be.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's ok. thanks for trying

Is it possible for someone to post a copy of their cookedPC folder? I think this is the only way to get the textures and other stuff.

If this is against the rules I am very sorry for asking.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try going to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam file, then search for CookedPC

Sorry, I don't own it through steam

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I looked where you told me to go and found my cookedPc folder. unfortunately it had nothing in it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Usually, you should be able to find everything in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC if you use vista. Then you go to the appropriate subfolder for whatever you're looking for. You probably want Environments.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Unreal editor problem!!! Please help

Unreal editor problem!!! Please help

I have been using unreal editor 3 for the PC about a week. I have done much work with building my levels. I made a few practice maps and decided that I should start adding textures, weapons, vehicles, meshes, sky domes, ect.

I went into my generic browser and can't find anything
    I went to file, open and didn't see a single thing. I also went into my cookedPC folder and found nothing.

I am realizing I can't complete a level without any of these files and am very disappointed

Is there a place I am not checking?

I downloaded UT3 for my PC from STEAM. Is it possible that if you bought this game from STEAM you don't receive the entire game?

Is there a download for the all of the files you find in the generic browser?

Is there a download for the cookedPC folder?

If anyone can answer any of these questions or provide help I would appreciate it!!!!!
Working...
X