The online service is currently unavailable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The online service is currently unavailable

Alright, so I had this game and played it on my old pc a bit when it came out, and now I've got a new pc, so I reinstalled. I just built this thing, got vista x64 running on it with all my drivers installed.

I patched this game to 2.0 and installed the bonus pack and titan pack. I can't go online. It says the online service is currently unavailable. I've added the exception to my firewall, and I've forwarded the ports in my router. It doesn't work. I turned off my firewall, uninstalled my antivirus, and ran my router in DMZ. It still doesn't work. This is some dumb ****.

How do I make this work?

You do not have to forward any ports to play the game. You need to disable your windoze firewall and any AV stuff that's running. You also need to play as admin. Make sure your router is setup for game mode (some have this, I do, some do not)

I just did a fresh setup an XP_64 machine, clean install on new drive. It (windoze) queried me about continuing to block access for UT3 or allowing access or something like that. I chose allow access. So it is possible to play with the windize firewall if you have it setup properly, but just turning it off should eliminate that as your problem. You can also connect directly to your cable modem and eliminate the router to see if you can connect then.

Another thing to try is to delete your ini files in the /My Docs/My Games/ut3/UTGame/Config directory. You will need to input your cd key again, but you will get new default ini files to replace ones that are screwed up.

Comment

Look at, read, and post to THIS THREAD -- please, let's consolidate all these posts about connectivity issues in one thread so that Epic knows the scale of the issue.

Comment

Working...
      X