Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 (patch 2.0): Unpacking takes fooooreeeevveeerrr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 (patch 2.0): Unpacking takes fooooreeeevveeerrr.

I have about 69 mods installed now, and whenever it gets to unpacking them the game displays Unpacking Mod 100% for several minutes before returning to the mod browser. Is this a problem with having lots of mods installed?

What happened to the patch getting delayed for two weeks? How are people getting this already?

Comment

Originally posted by ParanoiDave View Post
      What happened to the patch getting delayed for two weeks? How are people getting this already?
      The US version of Patch 2.0 was delayed for reasons unknown - this thread has more information, although I noticed another thread indicating that the North American Patch 2.0 was released yesterday ...

Originally posted by JDBar View Post
      I have about 69 mods installed now, and whenever it gets to unpacking them the game displays Unpacking Mod 100% for several minutes before returning to the mod browser. Is this a problem with having lots of mods installed?
      This was a problem, particularly before the first patch this time last year; don't know what they did with patch 1.1 but it resolved the issue (for a while). But gradually, the more mods you installed, the longer they took to unpack & patch 1.2 didn't help.

Not sure if Patch 2.0 made any difference (from your post, doesn't sound like it did ) but I deleted all my installed mods before installing it, as my PS3 would lock up during unpacking & need a hard reset, although the map was usually there & playable afterwards. That may have been because I had well over 400 mods installed though

So yes - it seems that the more mods you install, the longer they take to unpack. Don't know whether that's isolated to PS3 though, or whether it affects the PC version too ...

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. Hope it gets fixed eventually, because resetting my PS3 every time I install a mod would be too irritating for me to bother with. :P

Comment

Working...
        X