Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

ALT+TAB problem ... never come up back !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my specs

windows xp pro
    E8400 core2duo
    8800gtx 768mb ram
    4 gb kingston hyperX ram pc 6400
    resolution 1680x1050
    game is tweaked, removed most eye candy, ecxept some light effects, etc shockcores reflecting light to its surroundings
    i got no overlay programs running
    win xp is tweaked so i got no unneed'ed services or background programs running, task manager got 20 processes open, had it at 14 processes not long ago, but i recently found out that there was a few services i need from time to time
    this is what i have in my utengine.ini

[Engine.ISVHacks]
    bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
    DisableATITextureFilterOptimizationChecks=True
    UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True
    PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

[Engine.GameEngine]
    bSmoothFrameRate=True
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=121.000000
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=121.000000
    bClearAnimSetLinkupCachesOnLoadMap=True
    bUseTextureStreaming=True
    bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming=True
    bUsePostProcessEffects=False

game is playing with 121 fps constantly, and if i set no maxfps i get up to 450 fps on some maps

this bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True fixed minimizing to desktop for me and several of the guys i play with, and afaik they all play with windows xp 32 bit

though when i minimize i do ctrl+alt+del, dunno if this does any difference..

Comment

I disabled desktop composition in the shortcut properties and it now allows me to alt+tab and restore in the UT menus and when I access the menu during gameplay. However, if I alt+tab during a match without pressing ESC first, it will not restore. This is good enough so thanks very much! (I only tried this twice, I hope it continues to work!)

btw, the pumpwindowmessageswhenrenderthreadstalled=true didn't help.

Comment

Another "good enough" solution to a UT3 problem

Comment

I had the same problem with vista 64 bit. I just installed the newest nvidia drivers and it works well now

Comment

Working...
          X