Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

X-1900 problems?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    You guys could also try looking here: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=676127 This seems to be solving some crash/freezing issues for some people. Might be worth a shot.

    Comment


      #17
      I'm using 2 3870's and i get crashing and freezing on XP OS only, once i switch to Vista or Windows 7 i get no crashing at all! Doesn't matter what drivers i use or what my settings are, i crash!

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Harmerty View Post
        I'm using 2 3870's and i get crashing and freezing on XP OS only, once i switch to Vista or Windows 7 i get no crashing at all! Doesn't matter what drivers i use or what my settings are, i crash!
        Yep, we finally found the source of problem. I will summarize for my components, which also applies for majority of ppl.

        1. UT3 crashes in XP no matter what drivers i am using and it is "ONLY when vsync is turned on", with ati ATI4870HD

        2.When vsync turned on, it crashes when you try to spawn, or you get killed,or the moment just before you get killed.

        3. When vsync is off, it works without any crashing

        4. Some ppl reports that problem is gone in windows 7, maybe because of the drivers, or maybe the vsync is not working at all so there is no crashing??

        5. This vsync issue happens only in Unreal engine 3 games in XP. I tested it with Medal of honor airborne, and Gears of war, same problem, there are crashes when vsync turned on.

        Hope this will help the EPIC to nail down the bug

        Comment


          #19
          I don't think it is vsync only, right now on my xp partition i have no vsync on and i am crashing within an hour of playing ut3.

          Comment


            #20
            I have UT3 since day one on two identical systems with the exeption of video hd3850 and hd4850 and audio audigy gamer and x-fi gamer. I tried every "solution" I could find. Crashes every now and then, ranging from after little less then one hour to after about 3 hours. Running with framerate smooting and vsync off in the game and vsync on in the driver (catalyst 9.1) now and have not had a crash so far. The only crash I had was with OpenAL on on the audigy (not supported?). Sometimes I can ctrl-alt-delete out of it, most of the time I can hard-power-off (normal XP shutdown) and sometimes I have to hard kill the PC. Had the same sort of issue with Bioshock, same engine is it not? No problem with any other game I own, like Crysis or CoD5.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Harmerty View Post
              I don't think it is vsync only, right now on my xp partition i have no vsync on and i am crashing within an hour of playing ut3.
              You're right, i've always played with v-sync off, makes no difference as far as i can see. It still freezes when i die.

              But......not nearly as often like with my old 1900xt.
              Now i use a hd3850 512mb and have the freeze ups 1 time in a week or so, and i play like an hour a day.

              Comment


                #22
                I found out that windows xp in combination with a 1950 pro card is prone to crashing if you however downgrade your system to vista it won't crash as much.I'm playing atm on server 2008 wich runs ut3 pretty fine.

                Comment


                  #23
                  to Harmerty & peppybb

                  Have you tried turning both ingame vsync AND framerate smoothing off? I know that for me only vsync OR framerate smooting off still gave me crashes. So now I have both off (ingame) and have vsync on at driver level. Had not had a crash since (fingers crossed) on both hd3850 and hd4850 system.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    There is no point to using vsync with out framerate smoothing because you get input lag when using vsync and not using frame smoothing. To answer your question though, yes i have tried it. It seemed to make it so the game didn't crash as often but the crashing still happens, it just takes longer. I tried every setting possible, even turning everything off and even setting all game settings to low and the game still crashed. All i know is prior to 2.0 i had no crashing at all!!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Installed catalyst 9.6 on XP 32bit, but no hope, with vsync on it still crashes after respawn. Oh well, im off for vsync off.

                      EPIC FIX THIS VSYNC ISSUE ALREADY ON XP!!!

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I think i have now solved my problem! I have a Sapphire Radeon 3870 and it would randomly lock up when i die or just as i am about to respawn... but i turned of the "framerate smoothing" option in the game and so far all is good! (i also left vsync on).

                        I am using Catalyst 9.6 drivers and running Windows XP.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
                          I think i have now solved my problem! I have a Sapphire Radeon 3870 and it would randomly lock up when i die or just as i am about to respawn... but i turned of the "framerate smoothing" option in the game and so far all is good! (i also left vsync on).

                          I am using Catalyst 9.6 drivers and running Windows XP.
                          What setting do you have in catalyst control panel? Is it "always off", "off unless application specified", or "always on"?

                          Also are you having the checkbox ticked with" vsync on" ingame?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by ElfjeTwaalfje View Post
                            to Harmerty & peppybb

                            Have you tried turning both ingame vsync AND framerate smoothing off? I know that for me only vsync OR framerate smooting off still gave me crashes. So now I have both off (ingame) and have vsync on at driver level. Had not had a crash since (fingers crossed) on both hd3850 and hd4850 system.
                            I always play with Vsync off (ingame), framerate smoothing on, min 77 max 77, min desired framrate 99, refreshrate at 75. Produces almost no screentearing and no mouselag. Have very little freezing.
                            I played the same way with my old 1950xt, but this old card froze almost every match i played on Deck. HD3850 it only freezes once a week or so.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Designer0101 View Post
                              What setting do you have in catalyst control panel? Is it "always off", "off unless application specified", or "always on"?

                              Also are you having the checkbox ticked with" vsync on" ingame?
                              In the Catalyst control panel i have Vsync set to "Off, unless application specifies"

                              In UT3 the Vsync option is checked (on) and i guess it is on in UT3 because i have not noticed any screen tearing.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I've had the game for a couple of days, and it's frozen three times. Complete system lock up with no way to restart the PC through Windows (XP). Using ATI Radeon (Sapphire) X1950XT (256). In-game setting are maxed, running resolution 1280x1024. I just put it down to the inordinate amount of time I spent playing when I bought it. I'm not over-clocking because I don't know what I'm about and I'm too much of a coward to risk frying anything. All three freezes have been on Warfare, Single Player, and have occured after a couple of hours game time.

                                The only graphical glitch I have when playing is on the Tarlon Delta map, on which a flickering grass-like texture hovers and jerks above the ground getting right in my face. I can still play the map though, it's just a bit annoying.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X