Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

X-1900 problems?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-1900 problems?

If anyone is having issues with this video card with patch 2.0, please post any details you can provide, specifically driver version, situation where crash occurs, log files (MyGames/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/logs/launch.log), and any other relevant information.

Thanks...Steve

ATI Radeon x1900? I have a x1900 GT version which has been giving me lots of problems over the past year but surprisingly none with the new patch so far but I've only played on the vCTF maps.

I am using the latest official 9.2 catalyst drivers for Vista x86 (OS is Windows 7 x86 build 7000)

Any specific maps I should look out for to verify issues if it will help?

Comment

Hey Steve,

In exchange for the amount of time I've put into this post (hours...) could you please get one of your employees to check and see why my name, B0T0X, is taken in-game? I attempted to register this name back in 2007 RIGHT after the game was released and even then it was "taken". I suspect something is awry and I'd really appreciate if someone would look into it rather than telling me "Just register another name." I desperately want to play with my long-time gamer tag, B0T0X.

That being said, feel free to PM me if you have any questions or if you want me to try anything. I hope this helps:

Unfortunately the issue still remains for those of us with X1900-series cards despite the version 2.0 patch. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H which has an ATI HD 3300 GPU onboard and when I swapped over to that card to play ALL issues were solved for me. Swapping to the HD 3300 was the ONLY thing that alleviated the graphical and instability problems and I tried tons of things, many of which I cover below. This confirms for me that this is an X1900-series-releated problem, not any one particular system configuration necessarily.

Just for reference, my card is an HIS X1900XT IceQ3 Dual DL-DVI VIVO 512MB version.

When I've mentioned my X1900 problems on the forum people keep telling me things like, "Your card is dying" and "Your card is overheating." Well, I have built/overclocked computers in the past and I can tell you with almost complete certainty that both of these assumptions are false. This issue is unique to UT3.

Claim: "Your card is dying"
      My Response: My card runs UT2k4 on maxed settings at 170FPS in-game perfectly and runs flawlessly in Photoshop CS3 and Lightroom 2 as well as when playing 1080P video without a hitch.

Claim: "Your card is overheating"
      My Response: My X1900 XT is not overclocked and has a custom cooler (The IceQ3 cooler) that keeps it running at 49°C which is not only not overheating... It's well below average temps for this card and far far from unsafe temperatures for a GPU.

In an effort to determine whether something else on my system was causing these problems I closed every other program running. This did not fix the problem.

I run my game at detail levels of 1 and at 800x600 resolution so I'm not expecting unrealistic things from my card. There was one span of time where I had virtually no crashes and I thought I'd had a solution. I was doing a gaming all-nighter and experienced no crashes for something like 4 hours straight between the hours of probably 3AM and 7AM central time. I don't know if this is significant, but the next day I was upset to find that the crashes were back and were as bad as ever, and when I say crashes I mean complete system crash. There is no way to CTRL+ALT+DEL the vast majority of the time. Sometimes VPU recover saves my system from crashing but inevitably the game crashes again a while later and takes my whole system down with it, speakers screeching and all.

Other Information I've gleaned by reading others' experiences in the X1900 problem thread:
      - Not everyone with an X1900-series card is experiencing these problems
      - The problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with the amount of the RAM on the card because people with 512MB versions and 256MB versions of the card do not consistently have or not have instability...
      - Many people have mentioned that the game (and, soon after, their system) crashes right around the time that they die.
      - Many users have noted that the map Deck significantly increases the likelihood of a crash to the point that they cannot complete a full deathmatch.
      - Some people have noted that turning off Hardware Physics seems to decrease the frequency of crashes they experience.
      - From what I can tell, most people with this issue are running Windows XP. Oddly enough, swapping to 32-bit Vista has solved the problem for some people.
      - Installing UT3 on a fresh install of XP does not solve the problem for those experiencing the problem
      - No ATI Driver version alleviates the problem
      - I have read every single post in the X1900-series thread and as hard as I have tried to find a common denominator amongst everyone's systems... I have found none...

Here is a post I made in the Community 2.1 thread that I will copy here for your convenience (with a few updates):
      Graphical Glitches
      (These might or might not be related to the x1900-series-related instability problems in the tracked issues)

Description: The graphical glitches are not consistent (for example, I might run into different visual problems on the same map on two seperate games), however once they occur they often stay in place (for example, if a black plane of nothingness extrudes out from a wall (shown below), it will typically remain there for the rest of the match, providing basically a one-way mirror for my enemies to kill me through in that area)... The graphical glitches are mostly flickering artifacts that last for just an instant, however in the case of the second screenshot, the lines that eminate out from my crosshair follow my crosshair wherever I move it.
      Exacerbating Factors: Being within the menu and using the link gun secondary fire both significantly increase the instance of flickering artifacts
      Other Information: I am not overclocking anything in my system and everything else on my system runs flawlessly. I just updated my ATI drivers recently (March 7, 2009)
      Screenies:
      Menu (flickering graphical problem):
      [screenshot]http://www.rigshowcase.com/pic.php?u=127OXzXf&i=14537[/screenshot]

First Level of Campaign (graphical problem follows crosshairs without flickering):
      [screenshot]http://www.rigshowcase.com/pic.php?u=127OXzXf&i=14538[/screenshot]

Second or Thirds Warfare Map of Campaign (flickering graphical problem):
      [screenshot]http://www.rigshowcase.com/pic.php?u=127OXzXf&i=14539[/screenshot]

Opaque Plane of Nothingness View 1 (this is a non-flickering graphical glitch):
      [screenshot]http://www.rigshowcase.com/pic.php?u=127OXzXf&i=14567[/screenshot]

Opaque Plane of Nothingness View 2 (same problem, different angle):
      [screenshot]http://www.rigshowcase.com/pic.php?u=127OXzXf&i=14568[/screenshot]

Here is my Launch.log as of tonight (I was playing on my HD3300 tonight...):
      Code:
      Log: Log file open, 03/11/09 03:30:07
      Init: Version: 3797
      Init: Epic Internal: 0
      Init: Compiled: Mar  3 2009 09:00:27
      Init: Command line: -nomoviestartup  
      Init: Base directory: e:\games\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\Binaries\
      Init: Character set: Unicode
      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTEditor.ini
      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTEditorUserSettings.ini
      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTCompat.ini
      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini
      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini
      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTUI.ini
      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTMapLists.ini
      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTVote.ini
      Log: Deleting old log file Launch-backup-2009.03.11-03.30.07.log
      Init: Computer: irrelevant/censored
      Init: User: irrelevant/censored
      Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=4
      Init: High frequency timer resolution =3.579545 MHz
      Init: Memory total: Phys=2874356K Pagef=4194303K Virt=2097024K
      Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
      Init: Presizing for 83221 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
      Init: Object subsystem initialized
      Init: WinSock: irrelevant/censored
      Init: Startup System Settings:
      Init: System Settings:
      Init: 	StaticDecals=true
      Init: 	DynamicDecals=false
      Init: 	DynamicLights=false
      Init: 	DynamicShadows=false
      Init: 	LightEnvironmentShadows=false
      Init: 	CompositeDynamicLights=true
      Init: 	DirectionalLightmaps=true
      Init: 	MotionBlur=false
      Init: 	DepthOfField=false
      Init: 	Bloom=false
      Init: 	QualityBloom=false
      Init: 	Distortion=false
      Init: 	DropParticleDistortion=true
      Init: 	SpeedTreeLeaves=false
      Init: 	SpeedTreeFronds=false
      Init: 	OnlyStreamInTextures=false
      Init: 	LensFlares=false
      Init: 	FogVolumes=true
      Init: 	FloatingPointRenderTargets=true
      Init: 	Trilinear=false
      Init: 	OneFrameThreadLag=true
      Init: 	UseVsync=false
      Init: 	UpscaleScreenPercentage=true
      Init: 	Fullscreen=true
      Init: 	AllowD3D10=true
      Init: 	EnableHighPolyChars=false
      Init: 	SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
      Init: 	ParticleLODBias=2
      Init: 	DetailMode=0
      Init: 	ShadowFilterQualityBias=-1
      Init: 	MaxAnisotropy=4
      Init: 	MaxMultisamples=1
      Init: 	MinShadowResolution=32
      Init: 	MaxShadowResolution=512
      Init: 	ResX=800
      Init: 	ResY=600
      Init: 	ScreenPercentage=100.000
      Init: 	SceneCaptureStreamingMultiplier=1.000
      Init: 	FoliageDrawRadiusMultiplier=1.000
      Init: 	ShadowTexelsPerPixel=2.000
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_World: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_Character: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=1)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=1)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_Effects: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_UI: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_LightAndShadowMap: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget: (MinLODSize=   1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
      Init: Friendly System Settings:
      Init: 	TextureDetail=Level4
      Init: 	WorldDetail=Custom
      Init: 	bUseVSync=0
      Init: 	bUseMSAA=0
      Init: 	ScreenPercentage=100
      Init: 	UpscaleScreenPercentage=1
      Init: 	ResX= 800
      Init: 	ResY= 600
      Init: 	Fullscreen=1
      Init: 	AllowMotionBlur=0
      Init: OS stats:
      Init: 	Windows XP Service Pack 3
      Init: 	RemoteDesktop=0
      Init: Memory stats:
      Init: 	Physical: 2806MB
      Init: 	Virtual: 2047MB
      Init: 	PageFile: 4095MB
      Init: CPU stats:
      Init: 	MeasuredPerformanceTime: 751.585 (stored result)
      Init: 	Hyperthreaded: 1
      Init: 	NumProcessorsPerCPU: 1
      Init: 	NumLogicalProcessors: 4
      Init: 	NumPhysicalProcessors: 8196
      Init: 	MaxSpeed: 2505
      Init: 	CurrentSpeed: 2505
      Init: 	CoresPerProcessor: 8196
      Init: 	IsOnBattery: 0
      Init: 	BatteryLevel: -1
      Init: 	Manufacturer: AMD
      Init: 	CPUName: AMD Athlon 64
      Init: 	L1CacheSize: 64
      Init: 	L2CacheSize: 512
      Init: 	Architecture: x64
      Init: GPU stats:
      Init: 	VendorID: 00001002
      Init: 	DeviceID: 00009614
      Init: 	DriverVersion: 6.14.10.6912
      Init: 	DeviceName: ATI Radeon HD 3300 Graphics
      Init: 	DriverName: ati2dvag.dll
      Init: 	PixelShaderVersion: 3
      Init: 	VertexShaderVersion: 3
      Init: 	VRAMQuantity: 512
      Init: 	DedicatedVRAM: 384
      Init: 	AdapterCount: 3
      Init: 	SupportsHardwareTnL: 1
      Init: 	GPU DeviceID not found in ini.
      Init: Machine  detected compatibility level: Composite: 3. CPU: 4. GPU: 3.
      Init: Previous detected compatibility level: Composite: 4. CPU: 4. GPU: 4.
      Log: Initializing FaceFX...
      Log: FaceFX initialized:
      Log:     version  1.710000
      Log:     licensee Unreal Engine 3 Licensee
      Log:     project  Unreal Engine 3 Project
      Log: Preloading (default) startup map UTFrontEnd
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\Core.int
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\Engine.int
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Localization\int\Engine.int
      Log: A mod has been loaded via file 'LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3', award progress has been disabled...
      Log: Loaded shader cache LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.CacheObject: 1770 shaders(0 legacy, 0 redundant), 121 materials
      Log: Loaded shader cache RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.CacheObject: 24748 shaders(0 legacy, 771 redundant), 2548 materials
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\UnrealScriptTest.int
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGame.int
      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTWeapon.ini
      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTCustomChar.ini
      Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTMap.ini
      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTWeb.ini
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\OnlineSubsystemGameSpy.int
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGameContent.int
      Log: 99894 objects as part of root set at end of initial load.
      Log: 0 out of 0 bytes used by permanent object pool.
      Log: Initializing Engine...
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\Editor.int
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTEditor.int
      Init: UEngine initialized
      Log: Looking for DLC...
      Log: Object size..............: 60
      Log: Actor size...............: 436
      Log: ActorComponent size......: 88
      Log: PrimitiveComponent size..: 448
      Init: ALAudio device requested : Generic Software
      Init: ALAudio device opened    : Generic Software
      Init: AL_VENDOR      : Creative Labs Inc.
      Init: AL_RENDERER    : Software
      Init: AL_VERSION     : 1.1
      Init: AL_EXTENSIONS  : EAX EAX2.0 EAX3.0 EAX4.0 EAX5.0 EAX3.0EMULATED EAX4.0EMULATED AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE
      Init: Device supports: ALC_EXT_EFX
      Init: Found EFX extension with 1 effect slots and 1 potential sends
      Init: ...'reverb' supported
      Init: ...'low pass filter' supported
      Init: XRAM           : NO
      Init: ALAudioDevice initialized.
      Init: Client initialized
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\Launch.int
      Log: Starting up Steam client...
      Log: Performing DNS lookup for stunserver.org
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\DLC_MapInfo.ini
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\TitanPack.ini
      PlayerManagement: Creating new player with ControllerId 0
      PlayerManagement: Successfully created new player with ControllerId 0: LocalPlayer_0
      Log: Browse: UTFrontEnd?Name=irrelevant/censored?team=255?Class=
      Log: Award progress has now been fully reenabled!
      Log: LoadMap: UTFrontEnd?Name=irrelevant/censored?team=255?Class=
      Log: Virtual  memory allocation size: 225.14 MByte (236072960 Bytes)
      Log: Physical memory allocation size:   0.00 MByte (0 Bytes)
      Log: Game class is 'UTEntryGame'
      Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
      Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
      Log: Novodex Terrain Creation (Terrain_1): 0.393350 ms
      Log: Novodex Terrain Creation (Terrain_0): 0.380777 ms
      Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::InitArticulated : No PhysicsAsset defined for UTFrontEnd.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTCustomChar_Preview_0.SkeletalMeshComponent_0 with skeletalmesh CH_TwinSouls_Cine.Mesh.SK_CH_TwinSouls_Cine_FemaleA
      Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::InitArticulated : No PhysicsAsset defined for UTFrontEnd.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTCustomChar_Preview_1.SkeletalMeshComponent_11 with skeletalmesh CH_IronGuard_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_IronGuard_MaleA
      Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::InitArticulated : No PhysicsAsset defined for UTFrontEnd.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTCustomChar_Preview_2.SkeletalMeshComponent_22 with skeletalmesh CH_IronGuard_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_IronGuard_MaleA
      Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::InitArticulated : No PhysicsAsset defined for UTFrontEnd.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTCustomChar_Preview_3.SkeletalMeshComponent_33 with skeletalmesh CH_IronGuard_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_IronGuard_MaleA
      Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::InitArticulated : No PhysicsAsset defined for UTFrontEnd.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTCustomChar_Preview_4.SkeletalMeshComponent_44 with skeletalmesh CH_IronGuard_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_IronGuard_MaleA
      PerfWarning: InstanceGeom: 5.746242 ms - 427 Convex, Terrain 0.762951 ms, PerTriSM 0.000000 ms, InitArticulated 0.063699 ms, BodyInst Alloc 5.954940 ms, InitBody 76.179203 ms
      PerfWarning: NxActor Creation: 58.231704 ms
      Log: Bringing World UTFrontEnd.TheWorld up for play (0) at 2009.03.11-03.30.40
      Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.331930
      ScriptLog: UTPlayerController::OnReadProfileSettingsComplete() - bWasSuccessful: True, ControllerId: 0
      Log: UTEntryPlayerController_0 got player LocalPlayer_0
      ScriptLog: UTPlayerController::ClientSetOnlineStatus() - Setting online status for ControllerId: 0
      Error: StopLocalVoiceProcessing: Ignoring stop request for non-owning user
      Log: ########### Finished loading level: 8.182650 seconds
      Init: Game engine initialized
      Log: Initializing Engine Completed
      Log: >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Initial startup: 33.29s <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGameUI.int
      ScriptLog: Setting image img_Necris01 to visible
      ScriptLog: UTUIFrontEnd_LoginScreen::OnLogin() - Attempting to login with name 'irrelevant/censored' bLocalOnly: False
      Log: Ambient1 | Ambient1
      ScriptLog: Retrieving Profile Settings for UI PlayerIndex 0
      Log: Changing subtitle setting, new value: 1
      ScriptLog: UTPlayerController - Setting netspeed to 10000
      Log: FSTUNClient resolved stunserver.org (208.86.225.201)
      Log: FSTUNClient starting test 1...
      ScriptLog: Login change...requerying profile data
      ScriptLog: UTPlayerController::OnReadProfileSettingsComplete() - bWasSuccessful: True, ControllerId: 0
      ScriptLog: Retrieving Profile Settings for UI PlayerIndex 0
      Log: Changing subtitle setting, new value: 0
      ScriptLog: UTPlayerController - Setting netspeed to 10000
      Log: Performing DNS lookup for stun.xten.com
      Log: FSTUNClient resolved stun.xten.com (75.101.138.128)
      Log: FSTUNClient starting test 1...
      Log: FSTUNClient starting test 2...
      Log: FSTUNClient test timeout, NAT is strict.
      ScriptLog: UTUITabPage::OnGameModeChanged() - Current Game Mode: UTGame.UTDeathmatch
      ScriptLog: UTUITabPage::OnGameModeChanged() - Current Game Mode: UT3GoldGame.UTGreedGame_Content
      ScriptLog: UTUITabPage::OnGameModeChanged() - Current Game Mode: UT3GoldGame.UTGreedGame_Content
      Log: Closing by request
      Log: appRequestExit(0)
      Exit: Preparing to exit.
      Exit: Game engine shut down
      Exit: Windows client shut down
      Exit: OpenAL Audio Device shut down.
      Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
      Log: Shutting down FaceFX...
      Log: FaceFX shutdown.
      Exit: Exiting.
      Exit: Name subsystem shutting down
      Uninitialized: Log file closed, 03/11/09 03:31:39

Comment

I have Ati x1950 pro(pci-e) and it always freezes on Deck and Coret. Other maps are usually fine but almost every game in deck and coret game suddenly freezes. It happens mostly when you die and screen stays red flash(like you take damage). I need to close game pressing by ctrl+alt+del and guessing where Ut3.exe is because you cant see anything when game freezes.(pressing ctrl+alt+del - "u" button - delete - enter helps )

I ll play some deck and coret and i will post log file as soon as it crashes. By the way thanks for this topic Epic, its a bit late but i am glad that you posted this.

Comment

Just in case anyone missed this original thread started in Oct 2007 with over 900 posts, here it is;

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=587272

Comment

Hey Botox, wrap your log info in [ code] [/code] tags and it makes it much more manageable for people reading it.

Comment

Sorry if I'm posting slightly off-topic, people (let me know if I am, I'll delete this) - could my X1950 Pro be the cause of cooking problems? While I can cook maps, I get errors about failure to compile shaders, resulting in default grey panelling in-game on the maps ...

Comment

I have a Sapphire X1950XT 256MB and have been experiencing random lock ups. It's not a regular problem, it has probably happened 5 times in the roughly 20 hours I've played this past week. It's frustrating because I have to completely reboot my PC when it occurs. Next time it happens I'll try to get some more information about it.

Comment

I crashed last night, playing greed. I'm running UT3 Black, assuming that's the version you're interested in.

Card:
                  Radeon X1950 Pro
                  Mem: 512
                  DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHx)
                  Chip Type: ATI Radeion Graphics Processor (0x7280)
                  Bios Info: 113-AA99902-108
                  Driver: ATI Tech Inc., Date: 2/3/2009, Ver: 8.582.0.0

Launch.log:

Log: Log file open, 03/16/09 01:56:26
                  Init: Version: 3797
                  Init: Epic Internal: 0
                  Init: Compiled: Mar 3 2009 09:00:27
                  Init: Command line:
                  Init: Base directory: f:\applications\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\Binaries\
                  Init: Character set: Unicode
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTEditor.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTEditorUserSettings.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTCompat.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTUI.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTMapLists.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTVote.ini
                  Log: Deleting old log file Launch-backup-2009.03.16-01.56.26.log
                  Init: Computer: GALADRIAL
                  Init: User: nelson
                  Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=2
                  Init: High frequency timer resolution =3200.040000 MHz
                  Init: Memory total: Phys=3406252K Pagef=4194303K Virt=2097024K
                  Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
                  Init: WinSock: I am Galadrial (192.168.1.102:0)
                  Init: Presizing for 83221 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
                  Init: Object subsystem initialized
                  Init: Startup System Settings:
                  Init: System Settings:
                  Init: StaticDecals=true
                  Init: DynamicDecals=true
                  Init: DynamicLights=true
                  Init: DynamicShadows=false
                  Init: LightEnvironmentShadows=true
                  Init: CompositeDynamicLights=true
                  Init: DirectionalLightmaps=true
                  Init: MotionBlur=true
                  Init: DepthOfField=true
                  Init: Bloom=true
                  Init: QualityBloom=false
                  Init: Distortion=true
                  Init: DropParticleDistortion=true
                  Init: SpeedTreeLeaves=true
                  Init: SpeedTreeFronds=true
                  Init: OnlyStreamInTextures=false
                  Init: LensFlares=true
                  Init: FogVolumes=true
                  Init: FloatingPointRenderTargets=true
                  Init: Trilinear=false
                  Init: OneFrameThreadLag=true
                  Init: UseVsync=false
                  Init: UpscaleScreenPercentage=true
                  Init: Fullscreen=true
                  Init: AllowD3D10=true
                  Init: EnableHighPolyChars=false
                  Init: SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
                  Init: ParticleLODBias=1
                  Init: DetailMode=1
                  Init: ShadowFilterQualityBias=0
                  Init: MaxAnisotropy=4
                  Init: MaxMultisamples=1
                  Init: MinShadowResolution=32
                  Init: MaxShadowResolution=512
                  Init: ResX=1280
                  Init: ResY=960
                  Init: ScreenPercentage=100.000
                  Init: SceneCaptureStreamingMultiplier=1.000
                  Init: FoliageDrawRadiusMultiplier=1.000
                  Init: ShadowTexelsPerPixel=2.000
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_World: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Character: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=1)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=1)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Effects: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_UI: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_LightAndShadowMap: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                  Init: Friendly System Settings:
                  Init: TextureDetail=Level4
                  Init: WorldDetail=Level3
                  Init: bUseVSync=0
                  Init: bUseMSAA=0
                  Init: ScreenPercentage=100
                  Init: UpscaleScreenPercentage=1
                  Init: ResX=1280
                  Init: ResY= 960
                  Init: Fullscreen=1
                  Init: AllowMotionBlur=1
                  Init: OS stats:
                  Init: Windows XP Service Pack 3
                  Init: RemoteDesktop=0
                  Init: Memory stats:
                  Init: Physical: 3326MB
                  Init: Virtual: 2047MB
                  Init: PageFile: 4095MB
                  Init: CPU stats:
                  Init: MeasuredPerformanceTime: 296.530 (stored result)
                  Init: Hyperthreaded: 1
                  Init: NumProcessorsPerCPU: 1
                  Init: NumLogicalProcessors: 2
                  Init: NumPhysicalProcessors: 2
                  Init: MaxSpeed: 3199
                  Init: CurrentSpeed: 3199
                  Init: CoresPerProcessor: 2
                  Init: IsOnBattery: 0
                  Init: BatteryLevel: -1
                  Init: Manufacturer: Intel
                  Init: CPUName: Unknown INTEL CPU
                  Init: L1CacheSize: 32
                  Init: L2CacheSize: -1
                  Init: Architecture: x86
                  Init: GPU stats:
                  Init: VendorID: 00001002
                  Init: DeviceID: 00007280
                  Init: DriverVersion: 6.14.10.6912
                  Init: DeviceName: Radeon X1950 Pro
                  Init: DriverName: ati2dvag.dll
                  Init: PixelShaderVersion: 3
                  Init: VertexShaderVersion: 3
                  Init: VRAMQuantity: 1024
                  Init: DedicatedVRAM: 512
                  Init: AdapterCount: 1
                  Init: SupportsHardwareTnL: 1
                  Init: GPU DeviceID found in ini: (5) Radeon X1950 Series
                  Init: Machine detected compatibility level: Composite: 5. CPU: 5. GPU: 5.
                  Init: Previous detected compatibility level: Composite: 1. CPU: 3. GPU: 1.
                  Log: Initializing FaceFX...
                  Log: FaceFX initialized:
                  Log: version 1.710000
                  Log: licensee Unreal Engine 3 Licensee
                  Log: project Unreal Engine 3 Project
                  Log: Preloading (default) startup map UTFrontEnd
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\Core.int
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\Engine.int
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\Engine.int
                  Log: A mod has been loaded via file 'LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3', award progress has been disabled...
                  Log: Loaded shader cache LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.CacheObject: 5545 shaders(0 legacy, 0 redundant), 514 materials
                  Log: Loaded shader cache RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.CacheObject: 24748 shaders(0 legacy, 856 redundant), 2548 materials
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\UnrealScriptTest.int
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGame.int
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTWeapon.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTCustomChar.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTMap.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTWeb.ini
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\OnlineSubsystemGameSpy. int
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGameContent.int
                  Log: 99894 objects as part of root set at end of initial load.
                  Log: 0 out of 0 bytes used by permanent object pool.
                  Log: Initializing Engine...
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\Editor.int
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTEditor.int
                  Init: UEngine initialized
                  Log: Looking for DLC...
                  Log: Failed to find Package GuidCache_Script to FullyLoad [FullyLoadType = 3, Tag = ]
                  Log: Object size..............: 60
                  Log: Actor size...............: 436
                  Log: ActorComponent size......: 88
                  Log: PrimitiveComponent size..: 448
                  Init: ALAudio device requested : Generic Software
                  Init: ALAudio device opened : Generic Software
                  Init: AL_VENDOR : Creative Labs Inc.
                  Init: AL_RENDERER : Software
                  Init: AL_VERSION : 1.1
                  Init: AL_EXTENSIONS : EAX EAX2.0 EAX3.0 EAX4.0 EAX5.0 EAX3.0EMULATED EAX4.0EMULATED AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE
                  Init: Device supports: ALC_EXT_EFX
                  Init: Found EFX extension with 1 effect slots and 1 potential sends
                  Init: ...'reverb' supported
                  Init: ...'low pass filter' supported
                  Init: XRAM : NO
                  Init: ALAudioDevice initialized.
                  Init: Client initialized
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\Launch.int
                  Log: Starting up Steam client...
                  Log: Performing DNS lookup for stunserver.org
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\Copy of UTEngine.ini
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UT4.ini
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTCustomUTv1a.ini
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTEditorKeyBindings.ini
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\DLC_MapInfo.ini
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\TitanPack.ini
                  PlayerManagement: Creating new player with ControllerId 0
                  PlayerManagement: Successfully created new player with ControllerId 0: LocalPlayer_0
                  Log: Browse: UTFrontEnd?Name=Darwin_Saves?team=1?Class=
                  Log: Award progress has now been fully reenabled!
                  Log: LoadMap: UTFrontEnd?Name=Darwin_Saves?team=1?Class=
                  Log: Virtual memory allocation size: 232.82 MByte (244133888 Bytes)
                  Log: Physical memory allocation size: 0.00 MByte (0 Bytes)
                  Log: Game class is 'UTEntryGame'
                  Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
                  Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
                  Log: Novodex Terrain Creation (Terrain_1): 0.176389 ms
                  Log: Novodex Terrain Creation (Terrain_0): 0.183210 ms
                  Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::InitArticulated : No PhysicsAsset defined for UTFrontEnd.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTCustomChar_P review_0.SkeletalMeshComponent_0 with skeletalmesh CH_TwinSouls_Cine.Mesh.SK_CH_TwinSouls_Cine_Female A
                  Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::InitArticulated : No PhysicsAsset defined for UTFrontEnd.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTCustomChar_P review_1.SkeletalMeshComponent_11 with skeletalmesh CH_IronGuard_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_IronGuard_MaleA
                  Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::InitArticulated : No PhysicsAsset defined for UTFrontEnd.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTCustomChar_P review_2.SkeletalMeshComponent_22 with skeletalmesh CH_IronGuard_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_IronGuard_MaleA
                  Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::InitArticulated : No PhysicsAsset defined for UTFrontEnd.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTCustomChar_P review_3.SkeletalMeshComponent_33 with skeletalmesh CH_IronGuard_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_IronGuard_MaleA
                  Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::InitArticulated : No PhysicsAsset defined for UTFrontEnd.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTCustomChar_P review_4.SkeletalMeshComponent_44 with skeletalmesh CH_IronGuard_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_IronGuard_MaleA
                  PerfWarning: InstanceGeom: 2.591271 ms - 427 Convex, Terrain 0.356492 ms, PerTriSM 0.000000 ms, InitArticulated 0.037599 ms, BodyInst Alloc 3.085669 ms, InitBody 21.463171 ms
                  PerfWarning: NxActor Creation: 11.759952 ms
                  Log: Bringing World UTFrontEnd.TheWorld up for play (0) at 2009.03.16-01.56.48
                  Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.191717
                  ScriptLog: UTPlayerController::OnReadProfileSettingsComplete( ) - bWasSuccessful: True, ControllerId: 0
                  Log: UTEntryPlayerController_0 got player LocalPlayer_0
                  ScriptLog: UTPlayerController::ClientSetOnlineStatus() - Setting online status for ControllerId: 0
                  Error: StopLocalVoiceProcessing: Ignoring stop request for non-owning user
                  Log: ########### Finished loading level: 4.837622 seconds
                  Init: Game engine initialized
                  Log: Initializing Engine Completed
                  Log: Starting memory preloaded movie... ()
                  Log: Waiting for memory preloaded movie to finish loading ...
                  Log: Playing movie []

[removed ... long messages not allowed]

Log: - CH_Necris_Male1
                  Log: Flushing async loaders.
                  Log: Family Asset Package Loaded: CH_Necris_Male1_SF
                  Log: CONSTRUCTIONING: LoadFamilyAsset (NECM) Took: 0.33 secs
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Start: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_5 Malakai TeamSkin: VBlue
                  Log: StartCustomCharMerge: 0.375446 ms initializing, 0.667289 ms texture streaming
                  Log: CUSTOMCHAR: Merge Mesh: 2.72ms Composite Tex: 0.01ms
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Complete: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_5 Malakai (Tex stream: 0.4625 Secs)
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Start: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_9 Judas TeamSkin: VBlue
                  Log: StartCustomCharMerge: 0.095110 ms initializing, 0.609640 ms texture streaming
                  Log: CUSTOMCHAR: Merge Mesh: 2.74ms Composite Tex: 0.01ms
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Complete: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_9 Judas (Tex stream: 0.2731 Secs)
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Start: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_15 Loque TeamSkin: VBlue
                  Log: StartCustomCharMerge: 0.087526 ms initializing, 0.546172 ms texture streaming
                  Log: CUSTOMCHAR: Merge Mesh: 3.11ms Composite Tex: 0.01ms
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Complete: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_15 Loque (Tex stream: 0.1229 Secs)
                  ScriptLog: Kensai CustomChar - Load Assets: TWIM
                  Log: Begin Async loading packages for Family 'TWIM':
                  Log: - CH_RTeam_Male
                  Log: - CH_RTeam_Male2
                  Log: Family Asset Package Loaded: CH_RTeam_Male_SF
                  Log: Family Asset Package Loaded: CH_RTeam_Male2_SF
                  Log: CONSTRUCTIONING: LoadFamilyAsset (TWIM) Took: -0.36 secs
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Start: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_6 Kensai TeamSkin: VRed
                  Log: StartCustomCharMerge: 0.073433 ms initializing, 0.466753 ms texture streaming
                  Log: CUSTOMCHAR: Merge Mesh: 1.82ms Composite Tex: 0.01ms
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Complete: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_6 Kensai (Tex stream: 0.2694 Secs)
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Start: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_8 MRHYDE75 TeamSkin: VRed
                  Log: StartCustomCharMerge: 0.097524 ms initializing, 0.439037 ms texture streaming
                  Log: CUSTOMCHAR: Merge Mesh: 2.69ms Composite Tex: 0.01ms
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Complete: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_8 MRHYDE75 (Tex stream: 0.1648 Secs)
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Start: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_10 shidiz TeamSkin: VBlue
                  Log: StartCustomCharMerge: 0.118367 ms initializing, 0.341464 ms texture streaming
                  Log: CUSTOMCHAR: Merge Mesh: 3.56ms Composite Tex: 0.01ms
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Complete: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_10 shidiz (Tex stream: 0.2144 Secs)
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Start: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_11 Bishop TeamSkin: VRed
                  Log: StartCustomCharMerge: 0.101246 ms initializing, 0.559840 ms texture streaming
                  Log: CUSTOMCHAR: Merge Mesh: 2.76ms Composite Tex: 0.01ms
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Complete: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_11 Bishop (Tex stream: 0.0911 Secs)
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Start: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_14 Connor TeamSkin: VRed
                  Log: StartCustomCharMerge: 0.103515 ms initializing, 0.503115 ms texture streaming
                  Log: CUSTOMCHAR: Merge Mesh: 2.19ms Composite Tex: 0.01ms
                  ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Complete: UTOnslaughtHeroPRI_14 Connor (Tex stream: 0.1670 Secs)
                  ScriptLog: Darwin_Saves CustomChar - Load Arms: IRNM
                  Log: Begin Async loading packages for Family 'IRNM':
                  Log: - CH_IronGuard_Arms
                  Log: Family Asset Package Loaded: CH_IronGuard_Arms_SF
                  Log: CONSTRUCTIONING: LoadFamilyAsset (IRNM) Took: 0.68 secs
                  ScriptLog: Finished creating custom characters in 5.4530 seconds
                  ScriptLog: NO VALID MINIMAP INFO IN UTONSLAUGHTMAPINFO!!!
                  Critical: appError called:
                  Critical: Direct3DDevice->CreateTexture( SizeX, SizeY, NumMips, GetD3DTextureUsageFlags(Flags), (D3DFORMAT)GPixelFormats[Format].PlatformFormat, GetD3DTexturePool(Flags), Texture2D->GetInitReference(), NULL ) failed
                  at .\Src\D3D9Texture.cpp:86
                  with error E_OUTOFMEMORY,
                  SizeX=256, SizeY=256, Format=DXT1=D3DFMT_DXT1, NumMips=9, Flags=, TexMemoryAvailable=649MB
                  Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
                  Critical: appError called:
                  Critical: Rendering thread exception:
                  Direct3DDevice->CreateTexture( SizeX, SizeY, NumMips, GetD3DTextureUsageFlags(Flags), (D3DFORMAT)GPixelFormats[Format].PlatformFormat, GetD3DTexturePool(Flags), Texture2D->GetInitReference(), NULL ) failed
                  SizeX=256, SizeY=256, Format=DXT1=D3DFMT_DXT1, NumMips=9, Flags=, TexMemoryAvailable=649MB

Address = 0x7c812aeb (filename not found)
                  Address = 0x78158e89 (filename not found)
                  Address = 0xbb4c52 (filename not found)
                  Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)

Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
                  Log: === Critical error: ===
                  Rendering thread exception:
                  Direct3DDevice->CreateTexture( SizeX, SizeY, NumMips, GetD3DTextureUsageFlags(Flags), (D3DFORMAT)GPixelFormats[Format].PlatformFormat, GetD3DTexturePool(Flags), Texture2D->GetInitReference(), NULL ) failed

Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
                  Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
                  Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
                  Exit: UALAudioDevice::ShutdownAfterError
                  Log: Shutting down FaceFX...
                  Log: FaceFX shutdown.
                  Exit: Exiting.
                  Exit: Name subsystem shutting down
                  Uninitialized: Log file closed, 03/16/09 02:26:28

Comment

Ok, here's my problem...

Every time I tried to play the game, it crashes and there's no other solution to restart the pc by the reset button.

I have an GeForce 8800GT 512mb and already tried with every single nvidia driver from the good old 178.24 to 185.20 BETA (the one that I'm running right now... although is BETA, it runs all my other games flawlessly), I also remove everything and when I say everything I really mean it.

I have reinstalled Vista Ultimate SP1 & XP Pro SV3 completely along with UT3 on every OS and no matter what I do, the game stills crashed every time I try to play.

I already noticed that UT3 Black is not supporting Custom Content, something I really don't understand why... anyway, so I removed also all the CC I have already installed and still got some crashes or freeze screens sometimes.

My complete rig ATM is the following:

XP Pro SP3
                    AMD Athlon 64 4800 2.4GHz
                    Patriot Extreme 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
                    XFX GeForce 8800 GT 512Mb
                    Driver 185.20 BETA

I used to play with all the settings on High without any slowdown or crash before Patch 2.0... but now I'm lucky (very lucky!!!) if I can finish a map, no matter what type of game or if is CC or Official, I can't go more longer than 5 min... the freeze screen appears right away...

I already have installed a "Patch 2.0 Fix" Patch that I found on UTZone... although it was taken from these forums... anyway, the crash and freeze screens still happening.

Hope that Epic fixed this really soon... I have played with Malcom and all I have to say is:

EPIC, PLEASE FIX THIS!!! I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!!

Comment

I'm also having freezing/crashing problems. My driver is:

Comment

My client freezes on certain maps. I use Windows XP, an ATI 4870x2 w/ 9.3 Catalyst drivers. I randomly freeze only when spawning. This happens worst on Deck, often within 2 minutes without fail. Other maps take longer.

Comment

This bug seems to affect more the just the x1900 cards. ALso people with 3850 and 4850 cards have the problem.

I've had a x1950 that had the problem really bad, freezing when dying/spawning.

Then the problem went away when i upgraded to a HD3850 512mb, but now since i ran the new 2.0 patch the problem is back !!.

Not as often or consistant as before but exactly the same symptoms, beying:
                          Game freezes when dying, mostly on Deck.
                          When i'm lucky i can ctrl/alt/del out of it, otherwise i need to reboot.
                          Temps are fine, not above 60, 38 idle. Got a fanless card with a monster cooler. But just to be safe i mounted a small and slow fan blowing over the cooler, runs real silent and cool. Also i dont have any problems with other games.

I dont get an error report, the game is just frozen.

I'll be back when i find out more.

(my signature is incorrect...........fixed)

Comment

I have a 9800gtx, 4gigs of ram and an intel core 2 duo e8400.
                            Screen will black out and stop outputting video and audio will hang. requires manual restart.
                            no other issues with any other games except the demo for last remnant which runs off the same engine.
                            hope this info is helpful.

Comment

Never had a crash problem.(specs in sig) I used to run a 6400+ cpu, with a 1950gt 512mb card, and still didnt have the problem.

The only problem I ran into was crossfire kicking out on the 8.12 catalyst and up. Example: one card would shut down, then the GPU recover would kick in, but the game would crash on the reactivation attempt. (clearly a driver issue, not a game issue)

I solved this problem by uninstalling all my ATI drivers, restarting, then doing a driver sweep to get rid of the leftovers. Restart again. Then I install the ORIGINAL driver found on the DVD that came with the card, restart again and update to the latest Driver. ALL ISSUES GONE AND 100% crossfire operation.(without GPU recover. lol)

I know it may be a bit of a headache to go through, but all of the hours wasted on troubleshooting have now been narrowed down to a 30min fix for me. I do this anytime I have an issue with any game now and it seems to always work, so maybe you guys should try it out and see what happens. Don't forget to install the original DVD drivers after you driver sweep+restart. VERY important.

PS: Maybe thats why Epic was having an issue reproducing the error. They could of been installing the original driver, and then going to the latest everytime. I doubt they would of went through installing EACH driver one after the other until they found/solved the problem. Just a guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X