X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Login or Create Profile

*FIXED

I have not been able to login yet.
    I had my friend setup my profile with MY steam account and MY cdkey. I reinstalled then tried to login. .. nothing.

When I try to create a profile or host a game offline, I get ".. error initializing network layer".. or " your connection to the server has been lost".

When I try to login into my profile, it does not give me any confirmation. It just says "loggin in" then goes right back to login screen with my CORRECT info. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

This is getting very sad.

I have made sure all ports are open and disabled firewall completely.
    Reinstalled everything for the fourth time with and without steam and each time I cannot login or create a new profile.

It would be splendid if I could shoot some of my friends in the face sometime before xmas .

Any help on this would keep me from pulling my hair out.
    Dont do it for me, do it for the hair.

Comment

XP x64 My Problem?

Is anyone having issues creating a profile or logging into their profile with XP 64 bit?

I installed everything on my work desktop. XP 32 bit , and it works fine.

I reformatted this pc because I thought it would fix whatever was up.

A completely reformatted XP Pro x64 with proper internet access is just not connecting to the Unreal Network... at least for me.

please, anyone else??

Comment

Nvidia's nforce networking controller was the cause to this issue.
        After it was uninstalled I was able to connect right away.

DO NOT INSTALL THIS SOFTWARE WITH VISTA OR XPx64 !!!!

Its pretty much useless unless you want prioritize your packets and not be able to play unreal tournament.

Anyways, that was my problem. Took me 5 days get logged in on my pc, and all I had to do was delete one program. What a swell week.

Comment

Working...
        X