X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    URL: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=663569

Have some friends with the same problem, one solved it in a quite strange way, He logged in or was logged in as "Offline Mode", he logged out and tried to create a account/log in with his old account and it suddenly just worked.

Otherwise try to shut down Firewalls, both the router and windows if you have them running, sure its not to fun being unprotected but it might work, then, second thing to do would be to set up a DMZ zone if the previouse doesnt work.

Also, since you get directed from epic to gamespy and vice versa, send a new email to epic wih the gamespy email in it and tell them that they wont help you out, Epic should give them a warning then or pinpoint to them that its their issue, not Epics.
    The network isn't an issue, I just don't have the credentials to access my account and need someone to reset them. I'll try throwing Gamespy's response back at Epic though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 6hlUqi5c View Post
    (posting this because I don't know where else to put it)

I recently ran into some issues with my UT3/Gamespy account. I decided to remove the account for personal reasons, and so I entered randomly generated strings into the username, password, and e-mail fields on the gamespy site, effectively (I thought) severing my connection with it. With the new patch released, I attempted to recreate my account, but apparently the username change never propagated while the password and e-mail changes did.

I'm unable to create a new account with the same username and unable to access my old one. I e-mailed Epic, who told me that all the authentication was done through Gamespy. I opened a ticked with Gamespy who told me (after one month) that account management was Epic's responsibility. I was hoping that the new patch would switch over to steam authentication (bringing benefits such as general competency with steam support) but that never happened.

I'm really frustrated, because it's clear that someone has the ability to fix this, but I'm never going to find them at this rate due to a wave of finger-pointing. I can even provide the old e-mail address associated with the account as well as the CD key used to create it.

As an aside, I think going with Gamespy was one of the poorest choices possible for the game's account management. They've repeatedly demonstrated their ineptitude during my experiences with them and (as far as I can tell) haven't been particularly relevant for at least five years.

edit: To clarify, if anyone knows how to resolve this through Gamespy, by all means post about it. I'm assuming it's their responsibility as the password changes are done through their website. If somebody from Epic wanted to weigh in or talk to Gamespy about it that would be welcome too.
    URL: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=663569

Have some friends with the same problem, one solved it in a quite strange way, He logged in or was logged in as "Offline Mode", he logged out and tried to create a account/log in with his old account and it suddenly just worked.

Otherwise try to shut down Firewalls, both the router and windows if you have them running, sure its not to fun being unprotected but it might work, then, second thing to do would be to set up a DMZ zone if the previouse doesnt work.

Also, since you get directed from epic to gamespy and vice versa, send a new email to epic wih the gamespy email in it and tell them that they wont help you out, Epic should give them a warning then or pinpoint to them that its their issue, not Epics.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Account problems

Account problems

(posting this because I don't know where else to put it)

I recently ran into some issues with my UT3/Gamespy account. I decided to remove the account for personal reasons, and so I entered randomly generated strings into the username, password, and e-mail fields on the gamespy site, effectively (I thought) severing my connection with it. With the new patch released, I attempted to recreate my account, but apparently the username change never propagated while the password and e-mail changes did.

I'm unable to create a new account with the same username and unable to access my old one. I e-mailed Epic, who told me that all the authentication was done through Gamespy. I opened a ticked with Gamespy who told me (after one month) that account management was Epic's responsibility. I was hoping that the new patch would switch over to steam authentication (bringing benefits such as general competency with steam support) but that never happened.

I'm really frustrated, because it's clear that someone has the ability to fix this, but I'm never going to find them at this rate due to a wave of finger-pointing. I can even provide the old e-mail address associated with the account as well as the CD key used to create it.

As an aside, I think going with Gamespy was one of the poorest choices possible for the game's account management. They've repeatedly demonstrated their ineptitude during my experiences with them and (as far as I can tell) haven't been particularly relevant for at least five years.

edit: To clarify, if anyone knows how to resolve this through Gamespy, by all means post about it. I'm assuming it's their responsibility as the password changes are done through their website. If somebody from Epic wanted to weigh in or talk to Gamespy about it that would be welcome too.
Working...
X