Can't Login After Patch 4 & Titan Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Login After Patch 4 & Titan Pack

I have UT3 installed via DVD witout Steam, I had no issues before the patch but now am unable to login to play multi-player -- everything else appears to work fine... "UT3" and "UT3OSHelper" are both in my firewall exceptions -- but I've even disabled my firewall and it makes no difference.

I tried to create a new profile, but it says "The online services is currently unavailable...". Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Any idears how I can get logged in? Is Steam manditory now for online play?

Sheesh, I'm still stuck; reinstalled everything, tried installing it with Steam (too jammed up with too many useres apparently, but will be finished downloading in July), no amount of dorking around will let me log in to my retail installation...

Perhaps it's nothing to do wtih my game install -- but something is definately amiss... Anyone? HAAAYLP!?

Comment

I hav'nt myself put this patch on...I'd wait a little while to see the other posts. I noticed there is another thread with the same problem.

As I said I always wait a few weeks before I try a patch so other players test it out first, selfish I know but been playing games for years and its just something I learned to do for less stress.

Epic are really good at support so think they'll sort it once ther are aware of it, but it may take a little while for the posts to start coming in.

Comment

Could you try deleting all your .ini files in your unrealtournament3 subdirectory of your my games folder (under my docurments)

Comment

Thank you for the consideration of your reply and support Steve, and yes deleting/backing up my INI files was one of the first things I tired... I just did it again for good measure, reentered my key and tried to login again several times to no avail.

There appears to be no network activity from the game when I attempt to login -- that I get the same error message "The online services is currently unavailable..." when I try to create a new profile with no visible network activity tends to corroborate that something is broken with the advent of the patch with respect to networking or seeing network hardware.

My system runs on an EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 mainboard with the NVIDIA nForce 680i chipset and all latest drivers, where I'm using the onboard NVIDIA LOM... I have over forty games installed (five employ the Unreal 3 engine) and all work fine with networking -- Unreal Tournament 3 being the only exception... I also know for a fact my GSI/GameSpy profile works fine, as several games I have installed use it and work fine...

Comment

Is there a log somewhere of the files the latest patch replaced? I'd like to at least attempt to troubleshoot the game and try to get it working...

Unreal Tournament 3 has been one spendy 'personal enrichment' experience in disappointment that has consumed more of my time horsing around and going through more hoops then a NASA launch to get it working then I've actually been able to play the game...

Comment

As there now are hundreds of posts here and on the Steam forum relating this same issue; and the free trial is over I decided to go through the hoops and get Unreal Tournament 3 registered and installed on Steam; unfortunately the Steam install apperas to suffer from the same issue with some netowork hardware and throws up the message "This game is currently unavailable"...

Going through all the recommended Steam trouble-shooting hoops for this message:

· verify integrity of game cache
              · defragment game cache
              · deleting my "ClientRegistry.blob"
              · add all game exe files to DEP

...resolves nothing... Even attempting to manually start the game from its exe per the Steam trouble-shooting guidelines fails with the game freezing.

It appears to be the same issue under Steam as with a retail installation as the game generates no network activity when attempting to launch.

Apparently some Unreal Tournament 3 network detection or setting from the patch has screwed the pooch making the game completely unconnectable with some network hardware...

Epic FAIL....

Comment

Originally posted by Hoak View Post
                As there now are hundreds of posts here and on the Steam forum relating this same issue; and the free trial is over I decided to go through the hoops and get Unreal Tournament 3 registered and installed on Steam; unfortunately the Steam install apperas to suffer from the same issue with some netowork hardware and throws up the message "This game is currently unavailable"...

Going through all the recommended Steam trouble-shooting hoops for this message:

· verify integrity of game cache
                · defragment game cache
                · deleting my "ClientRegistry.blob"
                · add all game exe files to DEP

...resolves nothing... Even attempting to manually start the game from its exe per the Steam trouble-shooting guidelines fails with the game freezing.

It appears to be the same issue under Steam as with a retail installation as the game generates no network activity when attempting to launch.

Apparently some Unreal Tournament 3 network detection or setting from the patch has screwed the pooch making the game completely unconnectable with some network hardware...

Epic FAIL....

Hey! Just a question, do you have Hamachi or ANY other virual network connections running behind your main LAN connection?

Try to shut them off temporarely. why?
                Well me and some friends usually play on hamachi to get less lag on our servers, this goes for almost every game. Yesterday I forgot to shut it down, and tried to log in on UT3, and got the very same message you got there. Services is unavaible, couldnt do anything, then it just popped, that hamachi was running, shutted it down and it worked again, could log in and everything.

So if you have any virtualconnections or other connections running, try to disable them. Sure this shouldnt be necessary but if it does fix it temporarely, then its worth it, till epic or gamespy solves the issue.

Comment

I have the same problem, only difference is that i could play one time after i have i applied the patch. So i just wanted to play again.. and i cant login at all now. I click on login and it freezes for like 10 secs, afterwards i get back to the login screen with the u/p stuff. :\

Edit:
                  Hmm nevermind, i had UT3*.exe allowed at my firewall settings.. but just gave it a try and disabled the whole firewall and it works now Which FW are you using?

Comment

This same thing happened to me on my backup machine. Deleting the ini files did not fix it (usually that fixes it before the patch). So, I deleted the entire /My Games/UT3 directory, rebooted the box, and the started Ut3. I had to type in the cd key again. But then I was able to login normally. Not sure what was the problem, but it works fine now..But, I have to install the CBP and other maps still. I had no issues at all on my main machine, very odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                      Hey! Just a question, do you have Hamachi or ANY other virual network connections running behind your main LAN connection?
                      Nope, no VPN, no firewall; as I said -- I have over forty multi-player games installed, five of them run on the UT3 engine, over a dozen use my GSI account -- all work fine in multi-player except Unreal Tournament 3...

Comment

This stuff is wack--have tried everything as well. just purchased UT3 yesterday and it wouldn't let me create an account from the get go. wondering what there is in common between our machines that may be causing this

Comment

Why?

I had a friend who stated that it could be that I'm running XP 64 bit. You guys runnin same thing?

Comment

Nah I'm running vista 32. But i noticed that Hoak and I are both using nForce 680i chipsets + LAN on motherboard. fishy

Comment

Had the same problem yesterday with winXP 32. I logged off, because I thought maybe the game has not logged off correctly. It worked, but maybe it was luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X