X-Fi SOUND GURUS PLEASE HELP....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Fi SOUND GURUS PLEASE HELP....

I have searched and searched but cannot find a solution.

I purchased the DDL/DTS add-on from Creative an am now using the optical out port on my X-Fi XtremeGamer to connect to my Pioneer Elite receiver.

But, I am having some issues. There are 3 settings for the encoder: Off, DDL, and DTS.

If I leave the encoder off, I get PCM stereo sound only during the statrup sequence screens. Once I get to the game menu, there is no sound, and none in game also???

If I set the encoder to DDL or DTS, I get no sound during the startup sequence, but do get sound in the game menu and in-game. The signal passes through just fine.

Question is, I only have 2 speakers hooked up the receiver and would like to get just PCM stereo audio to play sound during the startup and in-game. Without PCM stereo, I am missing alot of sounds because of the positional audio.

Using all the latest drivers, etc..

Can anyone help? thank you!

X-FI cards have issues with the game
    I doubt it's hardware related.

http://www.404forums.net/showthread.php?t=2984
    There was my fix.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I seemed to have found a solution and it couldn't have been easier. Under sound in control panel, instead of selecting spdif as the default, i just set the speakers to default. The signal is passing to the receiver in PCM 96 Stereo which is exactly what I want since I only have a 2 speaker setup. All of the sounds are working correctly with OpenAL checked in-game. I have control of the Equalizer, EAX, etc.. I couldn't be happier at this point.

I solved my crashes with the new drivers (especially with the Elite Pro) and all is well with 3 different X-Fi's that I use:

XtremeGamer
      Elite Pro
      X-Fi Titanium (non-X-Ram version)

Thankfully, no resorting to the Blacksite files, they sounded horrible for me. Anyway, the problem seems to be solved. When money allows, I'll be adding speakers and a sub for bombastic 5.1!

zeke out

Comment

Wait, they actually fixed the X-FI X-RAM crashing issues so you don't need to turn off X-RAM in the registry?

What drivers are these?

Comment

no, the registry edit still has to be initiated, but it works fine with my system and the Elite Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Xandros View Post
            Wait, they actually fixed the X-FI X-RAM crashing issues so you don't need to turn off X-RAM in the registry?

What drivers are these?
            X-ram crashes? I have an auzentech x-fi forte and xp x64, and UT3 runs perfectly in game mode with everything enabled.

Comment

Good to see that your problem is solved!

Comment

Working...
              X