Visual C++ Runtime Error on Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual C++ Runtime Error on Launch

Purchased the game with Steam, but the game fails to launch, and gives a "Visual C++ Runtime Error". (Screenshot here)

Tried the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package, same thing.

Windows XP SP3
    nVidia 8800GT
    2.66GHz Xeon x4
    2GB RAM

This is on the first launch of the game, so obviously I have no mods or weird settings set.

Any ideas?

Try installing patch 1.3 over the installation, maybe that works.

Comment

Didn't help any.

Where else could I go for support? Epic is the publisher, right? Who is the developer?

Comment

Midway is the publisher
        Epic is the developer <- You should contact Epic

Comment

I fixed the problem. Explaining so may get me banned but I don't mind.

I torrented the game, installed it, then entered the CD Key I got from Steam and all is working now.

An odd fix, but still a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Cwunk View Post
            I fixed the problem. Explaining so may get me banned but I don't mind.

I torrented the game, installed it, then entered the CD Key I got from Steam and all is working now.

An odd fix, but still a fix.
            If you have a valid serial it doesn't matter where you get the game from.
            It's actually not Warez if you download an illegal copy BUT using your real serial number.
            A license means a license, no matter where you get the game from, as long as you are ''Licensed"

Comment

The question is... what's the difference between the Bittorrent copy and the Steam copy?

The first thing that comes to mind is Steam's DRM, but I dunno.

lol maybe they should just sell serials, and link us to a torrent :P

Comment

Working...
              X