(PS3) Error: Your connection to the server was lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eew View Post
    Why don't you guys just use UPnP? Seriously, if your router uses UPnP and it cannot connect the necissary ports it realy is garbage... All this portforwarding stuff is unnecissary when using UPnP. Also, why would you run a firewall in your router? Just run it on your PC so it won't block all kinds of ports on your router...
    This works for some & I'll admit can be a more convenient way of doing things, but I want to be the only one opening ports through my router I know it doesn't apply to the PS3, but I run the firewall in my router and a software firewall on my PC - far as I can see, you can't be too careful. For example, I recently created a rule for USB Headset voice comms (port 6311 apparently) and in the last few days have found IPs in Russia & Romania port-scanning it! Lucky they didn't get anywhere as the rule was set to only pass the traffic to my PS3, which was offline at the time ... Needless to say, that port is now blocked and access attempts logged

Originally posted by Glerick View Post
    Finally!!! After weeks of searching, my problem is solved thanks to you guys!! I just played UT3 online for a full hour!! Without the error! Yeeha!

I can't thank you enough! I did about everything you've all mentioned above, except for that UPnP. I also disabled the firewall of my router.
    So nmcmahan52, I hope it works for you too mate!

My god i'm so relieved! I'm back on UT3 online, that's for sure now.
    One BIG Thank You.
    Glad to hear it m8, enjoy yourself! And as for any contribution from me which may have helped you (debatable ) - you're very welcome

Comment

uPnP still didn't work for me, i'll try opening the 49000-60000 or whatever, is there any way to open a range or do you have to do it one by one

Comment

Originally posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
        uPnP still didn't work for me, i'll try opening the 49000-60000 or whatever, is there any way to open a range or do you have to do it one by one
        Depends what type of router you have. www.portforward.com has screenshots if you select your make / model of router, but usually it's possible to open a range; it'd be a right pain otherwise

Comment

mine is one that looks like i can only do one at a time, belkin F5D8233

http://portforward.com/english/route...urnament_3.htm

Comment

Originally posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
            mine is one that looks like i can only do one at a time, belkin F5D8233

http://portforward.com/english/route...urnament_3.htm
            From the Belkin F5D8233 user manual:

Manually Entering Settings into the Virtual Server
            To manually enter settings, enter the IP address in the space provided for the internal (server) machine, the port(s) required to pass (use a comma between multiple ports), select the port type (TCP or UDP), and click “Apply Changes”.
            Maybe try 49157-49166, using the hyphen instead of the comma? Only other thing I can suggest is giving your PS3 a static IP, then watch your router's logs as you try to get online; you can then open ports individually according to which ports the PS3's trying to use. That's how I found 28910, which I couldn't find documented anywhere

Comment

Hey guys, I have kinda the same problem, except that it (fortunately) doesn't occur every five minutes...
              It occurs kinda randomly, like a few times a week ... but the problem is there. I get disconnected from the server and then the game doesn't recognize any PSN activity anymore ... I can't join games or access leaderboards. When I restart the game, all is ok again.

I got wireless connection and I always suspected my access point to be responsible ('tis a cheap one, you know ... and it sometimes restarts itself out of no reason). But now I see that many ppl have this problem, so the problem might not be the access point, at least not always...

interesting.

Comment

i got wired connection and i get the exact same problem i really hope they do something about it soon

i just got the game the other day so i never had the chance to enjoy online play yet really bothersome

Comment

Originally posted by farreach56 View Post
                  i got wired connection and i get the exact same problem i really hope they do something about it soon

i just got the game the other day so i never had the chance to enjoy online play yet really bothersome
                  I doubt if it's tied to wired / wireless unless any wireless users are experiencing disconnections from their routers.

I suspect with your wired connection it'll still be through a router with default firewall settings set to block all inbound, so it'd be worth having a look through the previous posts & www.portforward.com

Comment

Working...
                  X