Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(PS3) Error: Your connection to the server was lost

Hi there,

I bought UT3 at launch for PS3 and still don't regret it!

Although I can't play online anymore for more than 5 minutes!
    This problem appeared some months ago, so I took a break. Now that I want to enjoy UT3 again the problem still seems to be active.

The weird thing is, after the error my PSN nickname disappears on the UT3 menu and replaces my full name, so it seems like my PSN is logged off. But when I open the PS3 menu, my PSN account is still online.
    I've played this game online for almost a year and never experienced a problem, until this happened.

After 5 minutes this message pops up:
    Error
    Your connection to the server was lost

This appears after I started UT3 and do nothing or play a game either offline or online. So basically it appears always. If I'm playing a game, then it's interrupted and I'm immediatly transported to the menu. When I restart UT3 I can play online again, for 5 minutes...

Do you have any idea what could cause this problem?
    I have version 1.20 of UT3 (for PS3) and already reinstalled all the gamedata, which didn't help.
    EDIT: I have wireless connection, that might be important information

Thank you

What kind of connection are you using?

I have experienced a similar problem.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=657029

I originally thought it was because I run my PS3 via wireless and, the problem was happening when my connection dropped below a certain signal percentage, but then I see that I'm still connected to the PSN when I bring up the xmb! And most times this happens to me my console freezes, requiring a manual reset.

I also did the same as you, deleted and reinstalled the game data... but it made no difference.

Something appears to not be syncing along the data path maybe?

Comment

I have wireless connection too! Maybe this has something to do with this?
      But my console doesn't freeze when it happens. I'm just transported back into the UT3menu with the error. Then I can still play offline but not online anymore. I've heard of someone else with a similair problem. He thinks this problem appeared after a patch.
      I hope there's a solution for it!

Comment

Im also on a wireless con. had a similar erro when i started the PS3 logged in to PSN started UT3 and it were saying i were offline! so i played a mission in the campign then i returned to the main menu and it wasworking again!

Comment

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it didn't help
          The only way to play online again is to restart the game. But then I can only play for 5 minutes again, before the game gets interrupted again by the error.
          Please, if somebody knows the problem or the solution, I'd be very thankful

Comment

it's not just wireless, i have a wired connection and this happens to me all the time

Comment

hopefully the titan pack includes some type of fix for this issue, this is the only game that does this for me

Comment

Originally posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
                hopefully the titan pack includes some type of fix for this issue, this is the only game that does this for me
                I did read that server stability is included in the Titan pack, I'm assuming this is why the midway servers have not been put back up. I just hope it fixes this issue once and for all. *fingers crossed*

Comment

Ok, then we'll just have to wait till the 5th of march.
                  Let's hope that Epic is aware of this problem and will have fixed it with the Titan pack,
                  it sure would expand the community of UT3 PS3, because even in Belgium I know some guys that are experiencing the same problem.

Comment

Bad news

(I downloaded patch 2.0 now. Awesome stuff! the Mod browser, menu layout and of course split-screen.)

But unfortunatly, the problem isn't fixed. I still get this error after playing for 5 minutes. I really hope Epic reads this, because this isn't doing the ps3 community any good. (I'm not the only one with the problem) So any solutions or advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Comment

At the risk of playing a tired old song, do you have all the required ports open through your routers? This happened to me when I first started playing UT3 on PS3, but after a lot of searching I found a list and now I don't have the problem any more

I copied the entire list into a thread ages ago, I'll have a look round & see if I can find it again

EDIT: Found it! Take a look here, hopefully it'll help you out

Comment

Thanks for the reply feisar, I opened all the required ports in my Firewall options but unfortunatly it didn't have any effect. Some ports you mentioned didn't have any name, so I just named them 'UT3'.
                        I switched the option to UDP on and added the numbers.

Looks like I'm doomed to not play online anymore Because patch 2.0 is installed. It's not like the Titan pack will fix this, right?

Comment

Sorry to hear that m8, hope you get it sorted

Comment

Originally posted by Glerick View Post
                            Thanks for the reply feisar, I opened all the required ports in my Firewall options but unfortunatly it didn't have any effect. Some ports you mentioned didn't have any name, so I just named them 'UT3'.
                            I switched the option to UDP on and added the numbers.

Looks like I'm doomed to not play online anymore Because patch 2.0 is installed. It's not like the Titan pack will fix this, right?
                            That port forwarding stuff is unnecissary if you just put on UPnP on your router and on your PS3. If your router is ****, it cannot put the ports you need (for UT3) past your firewall. Why people use a firewall is beyond me, but maybe you need it. It's a simple as that: UPnP open on both router and PS3 --> still no online? --> Buy a good router.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Eew. But since I don't know anything about UPnP and network stuff I looked this up on the internet. I found different ways to activate it and kinda feel lost in them. Can you tell me the best method to open this UPnP on PS3 and PC?

Comment

Working...
                              X