This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freaky1 View Post
    Since installing the new patch and Titan pack I crash on the splash screen.I have the latest nvidia drivers for my 8800gtx.I found that if I delete the config folder from my documents the game will start 1 time but crashes the 2'nd time around.Everything worked fine on the previous patch,in fact I reinstalled that patch to make sure.I've also tried a fresh install of ut3.
    same here m8. brand new win xp pro sp3, latest drivers, UT3, patch4, titan pack... first start... OK, second? visual c++ error!
    ^&*(%$ why?

Comment

I crash too on vista 64. upgraded to latest nvidia driver. no good on that either. installed ut3patch4beta2 which has xp64 fix and that no good either.

Comment

i just got it working by installing old 178 driver and deleting the Documents UTGame folder. it runs fine now. will try reinstall new driver tomorrow

Comment

my bud had same experience too. he could get in but still crash. said problem was fixed when he deleted utgame folder (assuming he meant in Documents). he said he could then run latest driver so tonight i will try and see. we deleted whole utgame folder not just a few files (actually i just renamed it )

Comment

ok i was able to reinstall latest nvidea driver 182.08. i put back my utgame folder and found the files i needed to delete to get it to work were: utgame.ini, utengine.ini, uteditor.ini. it's annoying i had to reenter cd key but i am all set. i am running intel quad vista 64.

Comment

This is BS. I am really ******. I have a Geforce 7900GS and am running Vista 32 bit. I installed the latest UT patch, and the game now crashes when I run it. I installed the latest released NVidia drivers, and low and behold, the game STILL crashes. I have not yet tried the beta drivers posted above.

Epic, this is COMPLETELY unacceptable that a new PATCH causes the game to not run on RELEASED drivers that worked fine on a previous patch.

I have been a huge Epic supporter over the years, and have defended them in the past. However, to say I am currently unhappy is a huge understatement....

Comment

Lots of people on the steam forums are having this same crash issue , UPDATING nvidia drivers did not fix the problem at all

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=819509

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=820173

I hope Epic addresses this soon , this could be the games big come back but it will fail if bugs aren't fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by dfielder View Post
                  I hope Epic addresses this soon
                  This in a sticky at the top of the technical forum, the unedited OP recommending month old beta drivers.

More realistically, let's hope Epic addresses something sooner or later.

Comment

Just for the record, I was not able to proceed past the splash screen either.
                    I managed to find the Unreal Frontend app and here is a dump of the log.

I have the following specs:
                    AMD Phenom triple core 2100
                    Gigabyte 9600 1GB vid
                    nVidia drivers 182 latest
                    4 GB Ram
                    Windows XP SP2 32 bit
                    BTW I am running this on Steam...

Init: Version: 3797
                    Init: Epic Internal: 0
                    Init: Compiled: Mar 3 2009 09:00:27
                    Init: Command line: -log -norc -resX=1280 -resY=720 -Exec=UnrealFrontend_TmpExec.txt
                    Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\Binaries\
                    Init: Character set: Unicode
                    Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTEditor.ini
                    Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTEditorUserSettings.ini
                    Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTCompat.ini
                    Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
                    Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini
                    Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini
                    Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTUI.ini
                    Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTMapLists.ini
                    Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTVote.ini
                    Log: Patching Ini files up to version 12
                    Init: Computer: GURU
                    Init: User: tony
                    Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=3
                    Init: High frequency timer resolution =3.579545 MHz
                    Init: Memory total: Phys=3407084K Pagef=4194303K Virt=2097024K
                    Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
                    Log: Failed to initialize stat notify provider CsvStatNotifyProvider
                    Log: Failed to initialize stat notify provider XmlStatNotifyProvider
                    Init: Presizing for 83221 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
                    Init: Object subsystem initialized
                    Init: WinSock: I am guru (192.168.9.111:0)
                    Init: Startup System Settings:
                    Init: System Settings:
                    Init: StaticDecals=true
                    Init: DynamicDecals=true
                    Init: DynamicLights=true
                    Init: DynamicShadows=true
                    Init: LightEnvironmentShadows=true
                    Init: CompositeDynamicLights=false
                    Init: DirectionalLightmaps=true
                    Init: MotionBlur=false
                    Init: DepthOfField=true
                    Init: Bloom=true
                    Init: QualityBloom=true
                    Init: Distortion=true
                    Init: DropParticleDistortion=false
                    Init: SpeedTreeLeaves=true
                    Init: SpeedTreeFronds=true
                    Init: OnlyStreamInTextures=false
                    Init: LensFlares=true
                    Init: FogVolumes=true
                    Init: FloatingPointRenderTargets=true
                    Init: Trilinear=false
                    Init: OneFrameThreadLag=true
                    Init: UseVsync=false
                    Init: UpscaleScreenPercentage=true
                    Init: Fullscreen=false
                    Init: AllowD3D10=true
                    Init: EnableHighPolyChars=false
                    Init: SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
                    Init: ParticleLODBias=0
                    Init: DetailMode=2
                    Init: ShadowFilterQualityBias=0
                    Init: MaxAnisotropy=4
                    Init: MaxMultisamples=1
                    Init: MinShadowResolution=32
                    Init: MaxShadowResolution=512
                    Init: ResX=800
                    Init: ResY=600
                    Init: ScreenPercentage=100.000
                    Init: SceneCaptureStreamingMultiplier=1.000
                    Init: FoliageDrawRadiusMultiplier=1.000
                    Init: ShadowTexelsPerPixel=2.000
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_World: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Character: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Effects: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_UI: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_LightAndShadowMap: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Init: Friendly System Settings:
                    Init: TextureDetail=Custom
                    Init: WorldDetail=Custom
                    Init: bUseVSync=0
                    Init: bUseMSAA=0
                    Init: ScreenPercentage=100
                    Init: UpscaleScreenPercentage=1
                    Init: ResX= 800
                    Init: ResY= 600
                    Init: Fullscreen=0
                    Init: AllowMotionBlur=0
                    Init: OS stats:
                    Init: Windows XP Service Pack 2
                    Init: RemoteDesktop=0
                    Init: Memory stats:
                    Init: Physical: 3327MB
                    Init: Virtual: 2047MB
                    Init: PageFile: 4095MB
                    Init: CPU stats:
                    Init: MeasuredPerformanceTime: 576.818 (measured now)
                    Init: Hyperthreaded: 1
                    Init: NumProcessorsPerCPU: 1
                    Init: NumLogicalProcessors: 3
                    Init: NumPhysicalProcessors: 8195
                    Init: MaxSpeed: 2100
                    Init: CurrentSpeed: 2100
                    Init: CoresPerProcessor: 8195
                    Init: IsOnBattery: 0
                    Init: BatteryLevel: -1
                    Init: Manufacturer: AMD
                    Init: CPUName: AMD Opteron
                    Init: L1CacheSize: 64
                    Init: L2CacheSize: 512
                    Init: Architecture: x64
                    Init: GPU stats:
                    Init: VendorID: 000010DE
                    Init: DeviceID: 00000622
                    Init: DriverVersion: 6.14.11.8208
                    Init: DeviceName: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
                    Init: DriverName: nv4_disp.dll
                    Init: PixelShaderVersion: 3
                    Init: VertexShaderVersion: 3
                    Init: VRAMQuantity: 1024
                    Init: DedicatedVRAM: 992
                    Init: AdapterCount: 2
                    Init: SupportsHardwareTnL: 1
                    Init: GPU DeviceID not found in ini.
                    Init: Machine detected compatibility level: Composite: 4. CPU: 4. GPU: 4.
                    Init: Previous detected compatibility level: Composite: 0. CPU: 0. GPU: 0.
                    Init: System Settings changed using SetFriendlyGraphicsSettings:
                    Init: System Settings:
                    Init: StaticDecals=true
                    Init: DynamicDecals=true
                    Init: DynamicLights=true
                    Init: DynamicShadows=true
                    Init: LightEnvironmentShadows=true
                    Init: CompositeDynamicLights=false
                    Init: DirectionalLightmaps=true
                    Init: MotionBlur=false
                    Init: DepthOfField=true
                    Init: Bloom=true
                    Init: QualityBloom=false
                    Init: Distortion=true
                    Init: DropParticleDistortion=false
                    Init: SpeedTreeLeaves=true
                    Init: SpeedTreeFronds=true
                    Init: OnlyStreamInTextures=false
                    Init: LensFlares=true
                    Init: FogVolumes=true
                    Init: FloatingPointRenderTargets=true
                    Init: Trilinear=false
                    Init: OneFrameThreadLag=true
                    Init: UseVsync=false
                    Init: UpscaleScreenPercentage=true
                    Init: Fullscreen=true
                    Init: AllowD3D10=true
                    Init: EnableHighPolyChars=false
                    Init: SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
                    Init: ParticleLODBias=0
                    Init: DetailMode=2
                    Init: ShadowFilterQualityBias=0
                    Init: MaxAnisotropy=4
                    Init: MaxMultisamples=1
                    Init: MinShadowResolution=32
                    Init: MaxShadowResolution=512
                    Init: ResX=1024
                    Init: ResY=768
                    Init: ScreenPercentage=100.000
                    Init: SceneCaptureStreamingMultiplier=1.000
                    Init: FoliageDrawRadiusMultiplier=1.000
                    Init: ShadowTexelsPerPixel=2.000
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_World: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Character: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=1)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=1)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Effects: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_UI: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_LightAndShadowMap: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Log: TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                    Init: Friendly System Settings:
                    Init: TextureDetail=Level4
                    Init: WorldDetail=Level4
                    Init: bUseVSync=0
                    Init: bUseMSAA=0
                    Init: ScreenPercentage=100
                    Init: UpscaleScreenPercentage=1
                    Init: ResX=1024
                    Init: ResY= 768
                    Init: Fullscreen=1
                    Init: AllowMotionBlur=0
                    Init: Writing new compatibility level to ini. Composite: 4. CPU: 4. GPU: 4.
                    Log: Initializing FaceFX...
                    Log: FaceFX initialized:
                    Log: version 1.710000
                    Log: licensee Unreal Engine 3 Licensee
                    Log: project Unreal Engine 3 Project
                    Log: Preloading (default) startup map UTFrontEnd
                    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\Core.int
                    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\Engine.int
                    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\Engine.int
                    Log: Loaded shader cache RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM2.CacheObject: 20457 shaders(0 legacy, 0 redundant), 2371 materials
                    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\UnrealScriptTest.int
                    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGame.int
                    Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTWeapon.ini
                    Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTCustomChar.ini
                    Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTMap.ini
                    Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_HeroEffects_AuraBeam
                    Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_Distortion_Area
                    Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_Distortion_Sphere
                    Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_HeroEffects_GroundPound_Ring
                    Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_HeroEffects_HeroPost
                    Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_Soft_Flare_DepthBias
                    Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTWeb.ini
                    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\OnlineSubsystemGameSpy. int
                    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGameContent.int
                    Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_GP_Extras_Skull01
                    Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_Objectives_ImageMasker_Blk
                    Log: 99894 objects as part of root set at end of initial load.
                    Log: 0 out of 0 bytes used by permanent object pool.
                    Log: Initializing Engine...
                    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\Editor.int
                    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTEditor.int
                    Init: UEngine initialized
                    Log: Looking for DLC...
                    Log: Object size..............: 60
                    Log: Actor size...............: 436
                    Log: ActorComponent size......: 88
                    Log: PrimitiveComponent size..: 448
                    Init: ALAudio device requested : Generic Software
                    Init: ALAudio device opened : Generic Software
                    Init: AL_VENDOR : Creative Labs Inc.
                    Init: AL_RENDERER : Software
                    Init: AL_VERSION : 1.1
                    Init: AL_EXTENSIONS : EAX EAX2.0 EAX3.0 EAX4.0 EAX5.0 EAX3.0EMULATED EAX4.0EMULATED AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE
                    Init: Device supports: ALC_EXT_EFX
                    Init: Found EFX extension with 1 effect slots and 1 potential sends
                    Init: ...'reverb' supported
                    Init: ...'low pass filter' supported
                    Init: XRAM : NO
                    Init: ALAudioDevice initialized.
                    Init: Client initialized
                    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\Launch.int
                    Critical: appError called:
                    Critical: Device does not support 1x32 FP render target format.
                    Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)

Comment

Victory

I un-installed the latest nVidia driver and installed 178.24.
                      Running like a trooper! Great stuff.... Now all my other games better run well or I won't be playing this game 'till the driver fix is out...

Texhead

Comment

Crashing since original game release.

Hello Epic.

I hope the crashing gets properly resolved soon, I've had the game almost since release and have never been able to really play it despite my attempts. The game currently freezes up with the sound looping during campaign cutscenes (multi-player gaming also crashes at inconsistent and random times), this happens regardless of the level of details (maxed out or minimal) I have it set at in the settings.

What follows are my CPU-Z and dxdiag dumps (uploaded to rapidshare):
                        http://rapidshare.de/files/46075839/dxdiag.zip.html

Comment

I'm kind of having the same problem but it's more related with logging in to ut3. I downloaded for the weekend special on steam and was dissapointed to find that I couldn't play online. Every time I tried to make a new account it would say "Unable to connect to online play. Please try again later," or something to that effect. My friend created me an account to see what was going on, and he could log in to the account himself, but when I tried it would make a silly noise and go back to the login screen (of course I didn't try to get on at the same time as he was on). I also had a problem where when I would exit the game it would flash a blue screen and crash my computer. I have latest graphics drivers for Nvidia 8800gts ssc. I was planning on buying this game but when I found out that the online wasn't working for me I thought "why would I get this if I can't play online?" WHATS GOIN ON DUDES!?

Comment

I wish to punch a dog because these drivers still don't work.

Comment

Maybe i'll keep my ATI card i was thinking of getting a nvida card????

Comment

again i wanna repeat what i did...if all else fails just delete your Mydocuments config directory. this fixes the issue for a lot of people. ut will rewrite the ini files with the latest settings. though u may get away with just deleting a few files like utgame.ini, utengine.ini, etc, removing the whole directory makes sure you get em all.

Comment

Working...
                                X