ut3 and steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut3 and steam

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I've had ut3 ever since it came out and i gotta say its awsome! its deffinetly better than ut2k4. Well my problem is about 3 months ago my computer went bad and i ended up buying a new one but the dvd drive on the new one broke so i was unable to install ut3.Couple days ago i saw that steam has "allowed" retail cd keys to be used to download the game. Well i did that but now i cant get the game to run. When i inout the cd key and it try's to log in the game will crash. I contacted steam support and they claim thats its a game issue instead of steam. What they fail to realize is that not everyone is STUPID and i know thats its not a epic issue but a steam/valve issue. The game has never crashed when i installed it from the dvd at least not after the 1.3 patch. So now im stuck between a rock(epic) and a pile of runny eggs(steam) and i cant play the game. So i am coming here to ask if there is anything i can do or if there is someone that had a similar issue so i can fix it and finaly go own some nubs.
    Any ideas?

Thanx

Dars

Originally posted by Dars View Post
    Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I've had ut3 ever since it came out and i gotta say its awsome! its deffinetly better than ut2k4. Well my problem is about 3 months ago my computer went bad and i ended up buying a new one but the dvd drive on the new one broke so i was unable to install ut3.Couple days ago i saw that steam has "allowed" retail cd keys to be used to download the game. Well i did that but now i cant get the game to run. When i inout the cd key and it try's to log in the game will crash. I contacted steam support and they claim thats its a game issue instead of steam. What they fail to realize is that not everyone is STUPID and i know thats its not a epic issue but a steam/valve issue. The game has never crashed when i installed it from the dvd at least not after the 1.3 patch. So now im stuck between a rock(epic) and a pile of runny eggs(steam) and i cant play the game. So i am coming here to ask if there is anything i can do or if there is someone that had a similar issue so i can fix it and finaly go own some nubs.
    Any ideas?

Thanx

Dars

Yeah im having the same issue i downloaded the game last night i come home from class today try to play seems normal it launches but once its past the guy standing there to full screen it goes black and eventually i get the blue screen and my comp resets

Comment

Have you tried verifying the game cache? You can do it by right-clicking the game in the Steam menu, then select properties, then go the "Local Files" tab and press "Verify game cache". If any file is missing or corrupt, steam will redownload it and that might just fix your game.

Comment

I had the same problem. It was caused by me installing the Steam version of UT3 without deleting all of my user information.
        I uninstalled/deleted EVERYTHING and reinstalled Steam/UT3 and it now works fine. not sure if this will help you or not.

Comment

Dars, if your running new nvidia drivers it will cause the problem your describing. Run driver version 180.48 as the newer ones including betas will crash ut3 :P

Alternatively you can run your screen size at 98%

If it is steam I'm sorry to hear that as I'm actually really enjoying having steam installed

Comment

Working...
          X