Hang , Pause , Lag in game? 9800GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well i went and tried to change the max fps thing and i changed it to 90. Now when i type stat fps i get about 50+ average with some lower 40's and some 30's depending on how much is going on.

But unfortunatly at the same time i saw lows iv never seen before as far as 7 fps and everything iv changed hasnt helped any for some reason...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks like you are running with default ini settings?
    there are some tweaks here that may help:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=25037381
    most notably you can uncap the by turning off frame-smoothing. An alternative adjustment is to instead increase the MaxSmoothedFrameRate= from 62 to a larger number such as 85-90, but I think that setting the bSmoothFrameRate=FALSE may disable the overhead of the throttle entirely.

A more informative source is here:
    http://www.tweakguides.com
    /UT3_1.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright ile try that. Thank you

*EDIT*

Sorry but what do i do with the folder after downloading it? Its called GeForce_185.20_beta_WinXP_32bit but it opens up into files and not an installer or anything i know what to do with realy...

Alright i installed it and it still falls in fps way way down and appears like a pause or hang/lag.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by November1986 View Post
    Version 181.22
    Ok, this is the problem
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...=651324&page=4

Use other drivers!
    185.20 Beta drivers work flawlessly for me

http://www.tweakpc.de/news/15327/gef...r-performance/

Greets

Leave a comment:

• replied
    17 when it dose the pause - 31 at a low but no visible slow down - average 45-55 - highest it hit was 61 though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if you are running with fps capped at 60 and frame smoothing vsync, etc. on, you may be prone to such experiences.
    what is your fps when you type:

stat fps

in the command console?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version 181.22

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by November1986 View Post
    Im running the latest Nvidia graphics drivers i downloaded earlyer today and my specs are as fallows.
    Which version?
    There is an issue with one of the latest drivers which let the game crash.

Greets

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Hang , Pause , Lag in game? 9800GTX

Hang , Pause , Lag in game? 9800GTX

Hello. I have an issue when im in game on unreal tournament 3 and it seems to be the same on all graphics settings no matter how high or how low.

The problem im getting is that once in a wile i get a hang up were the game jerks r pauses for id say a second or two wich makes things hard to play realy.

I use custom models Demondragon , CATS , Rodents , ShinRyuu , MasterChief Halo, Crysis Models , Crusader , BeeSter , Terminator Model , Sun Krall , Liandribots , Orthoidea , Spy , Strapped - as well as one of the third person mods. My game version is the latest one avalable from the main site of UT3.

I have tried playing with only bots that are normal characters and not cusom but im getting the same issue with normal characters so i dont think it would be the characters realy.

Im running the latest Nvidia graphics drivers i downloaded earlyer today and my specs are as fallows.

AMD Athlon 4200+ 2.2
    PNY Nvidia 9800 512 mb Graphics card
    Windows XP Professional SP3
    2GB RAM

The game did run smooth for a wile but that changed after playing for a bit so i redownloaded drivers tried new drivers, downgraded the game version reupgraded , reinstalled the game re adding my models to it as it still acted the same in third person,

Im out of ideahs as it stands realy. So if anyone can help id appriciate it.
Working...
X