Unreal Editor crashes on startup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Editor crashes on startup.

After playing quite a bit of UT3, I decided to screw around with some simple stuff (particle effects and such); and after modifying something and saving the .upk over the original one in UTGame/CookedPC, the editor suddenly crashed without warning or explanation shortly after the splash screen popped up the next time I started it. This continues to happen and I haven't been able to start it up once so far.

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything similar to this, but I apologize if this is a repeat.

E: Oh, and I've ported it over to Steam, so I'm reluctant to reinstall the game for fear of another 10-hour download. That's not the cause of the problem, however, as everything was still working fine after the switch.

I just got hit with the same problem... this sux

Comment

I don't know if the issue is similar, but I can't run the editor also. It crashes on startup, and brings up lots of display driver has stopped responding errors. I'm on a Radeon 4870x2 Ati card..

Comment

Originally posted by Gringoloco View Post
        I don't know if the issue is similar, but I can't run the editor also. It crashes on startup, and brings up lots of display driver has stopped responding errors. I'm on a Radeon 4870x2 Ati card..
        If you can, try to set UT3 to only use 1 GPU. That helped me with a Unreal system crash issue. Im using an Nvidia card not sure where that option might me on an ATI.

Comment

Working...
        X